cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VT - Core 1 is always hotter than the other three cores.

Ancients
Level 10
As the title suggests, core 1 of my CPU always seems to be running at a higher temperature than the other four by a noticeable amount, and with similar workloads seen on each core. The screenshot below was what was monitored after playing a few matches of Overwatch with the game still running, but a similar difference is seen for other games or even just normal browsing or watching videos.

I am looking for some input. Has anyone else with the G752 line seen similar performance? Is this worth opening it up for a repaste(Which I would be comfortable doing, I have done it on other laptops and my previous G74)? The hottest I have ever seen it get was a peak of 91 degrees while the other cores were at a peak of 83.
8 REPLIES 8

jamreal18
Level 7
How do you open that window?

What is Re-paste?

Ancients
Level 10
I used the CPUID HWMonitor to get that window, and by repaste I mean changing the thermal paste for the cpu.

cuniac
Level 7
To my understanding, Core 1 is clocked slightly higher than the other cores

Ancients
Level 10
That isn't likely to be the case since every core hit the same peak of 3,494MHz while under load.

MrRuckus
Level 10
Unless its hindering performance (throttling), I dont see a reason to go through the trouble of a repaste. But thats just my opinion. Seems like a lot of work just for a slight drop in temps.
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

Rares95
Level 8
This is normal, It's because how the load is distributed, also the Haswell at least is not a square, it's more of a rectangle, so yeah...

JustinThyme
Level 13
Its perfectly normal. Its not like these cores are separated under different heat sinks. What I would be more worried about is pushing he 90C envelope. I've never made it to 80C, Highest is around 75C.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Ancients
Level 10
Even in colder rooms with ambient temperatures it has hit temperatures of 19 or 20 degrees Celcius it can get above 80, another reason I am considering the CPU repaste. I don't think I have ever seen the GPU hit 70.