cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rampge V Edition 10 - Memory missing

Starling
Level 7
When I originally built this pc, I had 4x4gb G.skill Ripjaws V Series 3200mhz, I was getting the bd error and the pc would not post.

I followed the instructions here and got to roughly 1.5v before I started to gert concerned. Around this time it occurred to me that it may just be one dodgy stick, so I started testing them one-by-one in the same slot and found only one of them worked. I wrote this off to bad luck and RMA'd the set.

Now I have 2x8GB G.skill Ripjaws V Series 3200mhz and I have the same issue again. I have tested them individually and yet again, it only posts with one of them.

Is this bad luck, a defective motherboard that's breaking sticks or am I breaking them? I'd be really grateful for some help.
8 REPLIES 8

Vlada011
Level 10
You should stay with kits tested by ASUS...

https://www.asus.com/rs/Motherboards/ROG-RAMPAGE-V-EDITION-10/HelpDesk_QVL/

Because 2x8GB is dual channel, you need Quad 4x4 or 4x8 or 8x8,...4x16.

If one memory kit not work only way is to check every DIMM on other board, only to read them, nothing more.
If other board read them than problem is with motherboard.
For now for your board I would stay with Dominator Platinum 2666-3200 or GSkill TridentZ 3000-3200.
They are launched later and probably modules are little better than in Dominator Platinum, but that's not 100%.
If two different kits give error probably is motherboard.

Alright. I have ordered 4 platinums and I will see what I can do about trying them on a different board this weekend.

Thanks for the response. Will let you know how I get on.

Avenger411
Level 10
Hey Starling,

Have you tested your memory with stock config ? No xmp?. If you leave it stock, do you see all your ram ? If so, means you gotta tweak the system agent.

Max
Cpu : Intel 5930K@4.25ghz@1.2v / Cache @4.25ghz@1.20v
Cpu Cooler : Corsair H100i
Case : Corsair 780T
Memory : G.Skills 32GB DDR4-3200mhz CAS 15-15-15-35-1T@1.370v
Motherboard : Asus Rampage V Extreme (BIOS 3504)
M2 : Samsung 950 Pro NVME 512gb (Gaming)
M2 : SSD1 : OCZ RD400A 128gb (windows)
SSD1 : Crucial MX100 512gb (data)
Gfx : EVGA Titan X w/ 980 Hybrid Cooling AiO Liquid Cooler
PSU : Antec HCP-1000W
Monitor : Asus RoG Swift

Avenger411 wrote:
Hey Starling,

Have you tested your memory with stock config ? No xmp?. If you leave it stock, do you see all your ram ? If so, means you gotta tweak the system agent.

Max

I restore it to the stock settings after testing each stick individually, however I did not test them again individually. I'll give it a go.

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
How did you do this...each one singly in recommended slot fro single stick? i.e. slot D1....did you try the sticks individually in B1 C1 or A1

To check if it's sticks not working or slots on the MB not working....

I tested them all in D1. I will test them in other slots too today and update with results.

Tried them in other slots, it wouldn't post. I didn't go much further because the 2666mhz 4x4GB
Corsair Dominator Platinum's arrived.

I tested each Corsair in the D1 slot and pc posted each time.
I put them all in and tried to boot, it wouldn't post.
I enabled xmp, restarted and it posted and loaded windows perfectly.

Problem solved! Thanks very much for your help everyone. This is a testament to following compatibility lists, I guess. I'm just glad this headache is over.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Starling wrote:
I have tested them individually

How did you do this...each one singly in recommended slot fro single stick? i.e. slot D1....did you try the sticks individually in B1 C1 or A1

To check if it's sticks not working or slots on the MB not working....

Avenger411
Level 10
Hey,

Cheers! Glad you fixed it! Have fun now 🙂

Max
Cpu : Intel 5930K@4.25ghz@1.2v / Cache @4.25ghz@1.20v
Cpu Cooler : Corsair H100i
Case : Corsair 780T
Memory : G.Skills 32GB DDR4-3200mhz CAS 15-15-15-35-1T@1.370v
Motherboard : Asus Rampage V Extreme (BIOS 3504)
M2 : Samsung 950 Pro NVME 512gb (Gaming)
M2 : SSD1 : OCZ RD400A 128gb (windows)
SSD1 : Crucial MX100 512gb (data)
Gfx : EVGA Titan X w/ 980 Hybrid Cooling AiO Liquid Cooler
PSU : Antec HCP-1000W
Monitor : Asus RoG Swift

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yeah, nice one OP!..can get on enjoying the system now 😄