cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX 3D Vision - Where to buy glasses...

Retired
Not applicable
So when I bought my G74SX from newegg.com it said it was 3D vision capable with a 120hz monitor. And on the notebook you can turn 3D on and off. I read in another post that ASUS doeesnt sell 3D capable notebooks without the glasses however, at ASUS.com this is exactly what it says as far as 3D vision.

"The G74SX is great for gaming, but its hardware is serious business. It offers the best 3D ecosystem for PCs, offering 3D content creation and editing. It’s powered with NVIDIA® 3D Vision™, so games, photos and movies are all able to be enjoyed like never before. There’s also the ability to output the G74SX to a 3D TV, so you can enjoy 3D entertainment from the living room. Pair that up with THX + EAX 5.0 3D gaming audio technology, and together they make the G74 not only a great gaming notebook, but also a hub for multimedia entertainment"

Now...I am just wondering where exactly I can buy these glasses since clearly ASUS "DOES" sell them without the glasses with the exception of the G743DE.
4 REPLIES 4

PILGRIM
Level 11
Welcome, jssimmons.

If your laptop is the G74SX-3DE, then you obviously can use 3D on its screen. (And the G74SX-3DE is bundled
with a pair of nVidia 3D glasses.)

But if it's not, you can't use it. However, you can still do 3D by connecting an external 3D-ready monitor/TV
to your laptop's HDMI.

If you don't have an external 3D-ready monitor or TV at the moment, then what's the need for the 3D glasses for?..

The nVidia 3D Vision glasses (with/without the IR emitter) can be bought in many shopping sites (i.e. Amazon, etc.).
ASUS G74SX-3DE

How can i know what G74SX? do i have you know the DH73 or 3DE thingy?... i really dont know what you guys mean? with that extension name or what you call that ~.~...

kohara_02 wrote:
How can i know what G74SX? do i have you know the DH73 or 3DE thingy?... i really dont know what you guys mean? with that extension name or what you call that ~.~...

You're unsure if you have G74SX-DH73 or 3DE?

If it says 3D on top of your screen next to the webcam then you have the Asus G74SX-3DE....

Also check the label under your notebook and check if it says Asus G74SX A1 or A2

EDIT: Also did you get glasses with the notebook when you recieved it ?
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

fuzon1337 wrote:
...If it says 3D on top of your screen next to the webcam then you have the Asus G74SX-3DE....

Yes, that's one way of physically checking whether the G74 is a 3D model or not.
The 3D logo beside the webcam also indicates where the IR emitter is located.

kohara_02 wrote:

The G74SX-3DE was the first released 3D model (for the G74 series). It has the Intel 2630 CPU.
The G74SX-DH73 is also a 3D model and has the slightly upgraded CPU (methinks it's the 2670).

Other than that, everything else is pretty much the same (stock versions) with these two G74s.
ASUS G74SX-3DE