cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

install win 10 on Intel 750 ssd with NVMe enable.

rog-classified
Level 9
Hi guys. How may I boot and install win 10 on a Rampage 5 edition 10. I have a Intel 750 1.2 Tb U.2 SSD. Do I have to do someting on bios to get ti to boot on NVMe or just select it in bios. I didnt got to run the mobo yet as im waiting my new PSU. If anyone can explane me or point me the right direction please.
Thank you.
It ain't over till the fat lady sings :cool:...
7 REPLIES 7

will_s
Level 7
I had a few issues but finally got it working...had to do with http://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-windows-10-usb-installation Not sure if its correct but it had to do with making the Win10 installation USB stick UEFI capable drive

That made my M.2Samsung drive a UEFI drive..................
will

Menthol
Level 14
As will_s says above if you are using a USB to install from or if using a DVD drive on boot up press F8 to select boot source and select the USB or DVD with UEFI in front of it and it will install in UEFI

rog-classified
Level 9
I did install win 10 using a USB on to intel 750 1.2 u.2 SSD. I need to know if its on NVMe or not. Is there anyway we can find it out in windows? please let me know.
thanks.

Menthol
Level 14
All you need to know is if it is installed in UEFI mode

Right click my computer, click on Disk Management, you should see your OS disk has several partitions, 450MB Recovery partition, 100MB EFI system, the rest as your Primary partition, there is another small partition but you won't be able to see it
I have Win 7 on my Intel 750 and Win 10 on my Samsung 950 in this image, both installed in UEFI mode, I hade to have a USB drive with Intel NVME drivers to install Win 7 as it does not have NVME drivers, Win 10 has NVME drivers but it is recommended to install the Samsung NVME drivers after installation for optimal performance

rog-classified
Level 9
Menthol, Thank you for leting mw know. I Still canot understand how it works. Ill add a photo of my disk management. Please let me know if all are good or not.
Thank you.

Menthol
Level 14
The drive is NVME protocol so it cannot be anything but, I did make a mistake about the driver, I said Samsung when I should have said Intel NVME driver, yes everything looks good on your install
You can go to device manager, disk drives and check properties for your drive as shown, it is listed as a SCSI\Disk NVME

rog-classified
Level 9
Menthol, Please let me know if my installation is correct. I cannot see any difference using NVMe, It feels like my old rig is faster than the new one. This make me really confuse now:(.
Thanks.