cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X99 STRIX and long GPUs, don't fully seat and click, anyone else?

kcmcc
Level 7
Hello to you all!

Very much enjoying my brand new build, however I am experiencing an issue where both of my gpus won't fully seat and click into the pcie slots.

Gigabyte waterforce 980ti and gigabyte G1 windforce 980ti

They seat enough to work fine, however I am concerned about the long run and stressing of the slots/cards.

I've also put an inquiry in with EVGA as I am using their new DG-87 case.

Is anyone else experiencing larger cards not fully seating? I've given them decent force which would've worked on any other board/card.

I appreciate any and all help
4 REPLIES 4

Heini
Level 11
I've had problems from EVGA cards lining up with the case's screw holes while other cards don't. Never had a problem with them seating in the board properly. If I had to bet I would say it's how the MB seats in the case thus being a case problem. Whatever the cause you should find a way to get them seated properly to eliminate any future stress problems.

Menthol
Level 14
Yes this is typically a issue with the case, sometimes you can carefully bend the tab on the pcie plate on the end of the Video card to allow it to seat, carefully examine what is preventing the card from fully seating as I assure you it is not the motherboard or video card

Ok this is what I figured as well. Thanks for the help.

Menthol wrote:
Yes this is typically a issue with the case, sometimes you can carefully bend the tab on the pcie plate on the end of the Video card to allow it to seat, carefully examine what is preventing the card from fully seating as I assure you it is not the motherboard or video card

Bent the tabs, all fits perfect now. Haven't had to do that trick in a long time and totally forgot about it. Thanks everyone! Love this MoBo!