ROG Enthusiast Array

Really need some help new build won't post

Hey everyone.
    I have one hell of a problem going on.
    I just finished leak testing and plugging in everything to my new build and my worst nightmare is happening.
    I'll start with hardware
    I have an asus maximums Viii hero board.
    I7 6700k at 4.6ghz well it was.
    24000mhz corsair dominator 1.2v ram.
    2x brand new GeForce 1080 act sc cards I put ek-fc water blocks on.
    Intel ssd drives
    Corsair ax1200 psu.

Anyway basically I had all these parts in my old system well I only got them a few months ago with GeForce 780 sli.
    I took the mobo left ram in cpu in with block on put it into my new case and added the cards.
    Last few hours I have been trying everything when I booted I'm getting the dreaded error code 99.
    It goes threw the boot sequence hits the white lite gpu OK phase I think then that light turns off then the yellow light comes on and error 99.
    It flickers to A0 for a second like it's going to work.
    Sometimes it's stopping on 66 the first 6 looks different than the second don't think it's a B.
    At first the monitor turned on a few times but no signal it doesn't do this anymore.
    So I removed the cpu no bent pins on mobo all good.
    Removed ram sticks one by one even tried with none got error 55.
    Pulled the Gpus out turned on same error plugged them back in.
    Didn't need to drain loop.
    Disconnected hard drives any usb anything connected to mobo basically still nothing.
    This mobo is basically brand new my hero vi one pcie slot died it was a replacement.
    I took very good care when I installed everything.
    I tried different pcie psu connectors also.
    I tried pressing reset on the cmos red button held the black button on the back.
    I read every post on google I could find this error could be anything from what I have read.
    I have saved up for so long for this and now I'm completely stumped.
    I have built many systems this is the first time I raised the white flag I'm just out of options.
    At least when I can boot and see something on the screen I got something to work with.
    If anyone has had similar problems any assistance anything would be much appreciated.
    I'm sitting here in despair right now.

Regards

Jacob.

Now sometimes I'm getting a b6 or 66 then 92 then it goes back to 99.
    92 days pci initialisation in the manual.
    Still stumped
    Last edited by unix43; 08-27-2016 at 11:33 AM.

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z 4025MHz 17-17-17-39-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1600w Titanium
    Keyboard Cyberpower Skorpion K2
    Mouse Razer Basilisk
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX / Modmic 5
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U

Hi UnIx43

Code 99 with no display is likely the gpu area on back to your monitor, have you tried different monitor cables hdmi, dvi, displayport?

Some usb devices can cause code 99, make sure you have just your mouse and keyboard connected to your pc.

The pcie cables not connected will cause code 99 but you tried different ones so it's probably not that.

Moderator Array

Hi unix43,

Your case sounds a little like what can happen when the Intel ME is not functioning properly. Try the following steps to restart Intel ME and see if this helps:
    1. Power off the PC.
    2. Remove AC power cord
    3. Remove CMOS battery
    4. Hold the power button to drain the remaining charge on the board, till standby LED turns off.
    5. Hold the CLRTC (CMOS Clear) button for 10 seconds, then release.
    6. Place the CMOS battery back
    7. Reconnect power
    8. Power up again and set system time/date and configurations back to see if this makes any difference.

ROG Enthusiast Array AbyXzss PC Specs
    AbyXzss PC Specs
    MotherboardZ170 PRO GAMING AURA
    ProcessorIntel i7 6700
    Memory (part number)Kingston HyperX 2400 mhz
    Graphics Card #1GTX Asus Strix 1070
    Sound CardSupremeFX
    MonitorSony 32 LED
    Storage #1Kingston HyperX SSD 240GB
    Storage #2Seagate HDD 6GB/s 1TB
    CaseNZXT Razer H440
    Power SupplyAntec 620W HCG
    Keyboard Thermaltake Gaming Series
    Mouse Alcatroz
    OS Windows 10 Home x64

Quote Originally Posted by ASUS-OP View Post
    Hi unix43,

Your case sounds a little like what can happen when the Intel ME is not functioning properly. Try the following steps to restart Intel ME and see if this helps:
    1. Power off the PC.
    2. Remove AC power cord
    3. Remove CMOS battery
    4. Hold the power button to drain the remaining charge on the board, till standby LED turns off.
    5. Hold the CLRTC (CMOS Clear) button for 10 seconds, then release.
    6. Place the CMOS battery back
    7. Reconnect power
    8. Power up again and set system time/date and configurations back to see if this makes any difference.

Hi, There

Your suggestion seems to be very logical and that seems to be the case , I have the same exact issue like this with MF8 but different Q Code which is 13 then changes to 4C then 00 then back to 13. It will not POST or boot to BIOS with just black screen. Tried flashing latest BIOS and basing from the LED indicators on the USB and the flashback BIOS button it seems reading the update and is doing its job but still will not boot to BIOS. However, MF8 is covered with the ROG Armor so basically you have to remove the armor to do it and will that not void the warranty? And does holding the CLRTC (CMOS Clear) button not enough or is not the same if we remove the CMOS battery itself? Also, Did you have the same case and was resolved by this process or any other same cases that got resolved on this process?

I got all parts tested and is working and clearly the board is at fault and ended up to be sent back for RMA process. Its with the distributor at the moment since they will be the one processing it. It's a very sad case for me, High end board ending up with 3 months used. It's not even used for OC.
    Last edited by AbyXzss; 11-13-2016 at 02:01 PM.

Moderator Array

Hi there,

I am afraid that's the only way to restart the Intel ME.
    No, remove and reinstall ROG armor will not void your warranty.
    I have over ten successful cases with odd issues like that sorted by restarting ME.

Quote Originally Posted by AbyXzss View Post
    Hi, There

Your suggestion seems to be very logical and that seems to be the case , I have the same exact issue like this with MF8 but different Q Code which is 13 then changes to 4C then 00 then back to 13. It will not POST or boot to BIOS with just black screen. Tried flashing latest BIOS and basing from the LED indicators on the USB and the flashback BIOS button it seems reading the update and is doing its job but still will not boot to BIOS. However, MF8 is covered with the ROG Armor so basically you have to remove the armor to do it and will that not void the warranty? And does holding the CLRTC (CMOS Clear) button not enough or is not the same if we remove the CMOS battery itself? Also, Did you have the same case and was resolved by this process or any other same cases that got resolved on this process?

I got all parts tested and is working and clearly the board is at fault and ended up to be sent back for RMA process. Its with the distributor at the moment since they will be the one processing it. It's a very sad case for me, High end board ending up with 3 months used. It's not even used for OC.