Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire XTi
    Mouse Razer Imperator 4G (2012)
    Mouse Pad In Win BatMat
    Headset/Speakers Logitech 5.1 sound system
    OS Windows 7 x64 Professional
    Network RouterCable Ethernet w/Realtek
    Accessory #1 Microsoft xBox 360 PC Gamepad

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW-DE View Post
    Neither AI Suite nor BF1 here. Happens right after system startup as well sometimes. Doesn't seem to be a software conflict since it stops once I uninstall GPU Tweak and only occurs when I start GPU Tweak. I think it is safe to say it IS GPU Tweak.....
    It does happen to me with Origin software too. when i uninstall, it start right away but at install it does slow the desktop session. Might be some .dll or .exe messing around with security at start up.
    Asus Dual RX480 O4G - Core i5 3570K - P8Z77-V LE PLUS - (still on 2019)

New ROGer Array

Same issue

I have 1080 gtx strix and rve10 mb with win 10 pro x64...Same issue as others...gpu tweak causes system instability so bad the software is unusable. Of course the same can be said of the front panel audio driver...I am beginning to wonder if asus has lost good programmers in their development team and there is simply not the basic level of competence required to support their product line. Did asus outsource their development? Quality control seems to be totally lacking these days.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by JesseG View Post
    I have 1080 gtx strix and rve10 mb with win 10 pro x64...Same issue as others...gpu tweak causes system instability so bad the software is unusable. Of course the same can be said of the front panel audio driver...I am beginning to wonder if asus has lost good programmers in their development team and there is simply not the basic level of competence required to support their product line. Did asus outsource their development? Quality control seems to be totally lacking these days.
    Which version of GPU Tweak II are you using? Based on testing results the latest version is working very well with no major bugs.

ROG Enthusiast Array wollax PC Specs
    wollax PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)macbook pro 17" 2012
    Motherboardrampage 5 extreme
    Processori7 5930k
    Memory (part number)gskill 3000 4x4gb kit
    Graphics Card #1asus strix 970 EKW watercooled
    Sound Cardsound blaster x-fi
    Monitorasus ROG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1OCZ vector150 480 Gb - WD 2 Tb RE3
    Storage #2samsung 850 Pro 1 Tb - velociraptor 600 Gb
    CPU CoolerEKW Supremacy EVO
    CaseNZXT 820
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200
    Keyboard Logitech G19
    Mouse Logitech anywhere MX
    OS win 7 ultimate
    Network Routerlinksys WAG320G

Strix 1080 sli

Same issue here, 2 Strix 1080 in SLI mode, 376.33 driver version, 1.4.0.8 gpu tweak 2, in my case I have it in autostart but it doesn't run (!!!) and when I start it system starts to open windows slowly, very slow reaction, only a reboot can solve this issue ..... very annoying ..... think I could start using a different sw like msi afterburner maybe is less buggy.
    Last edited by wollax; 12-28-2016 at 04:11 PM.

New ROGer Array

Same issue with my stirx 1070

ROG Member Array Shampoo PC Specs
    Shampoo PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus Z70va
    MotherboardASRock Z77 Extreme3
    Processori7-3770 non-k @4.1-4.3GHz
    Memory (part number)16GB Corsair something, lol, DDR3 2400MHz
    Graphics Card #1Asus STRIX GTX 1070 8GB non-OC
    MonitorBenQ XL2730Z
    Storage #1Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
    CPU CoolerThermalright TRUE 120
    CaseFractal Design Define R5
    Power SupplyEVGA 750 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G410
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Philips X2
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z5500
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterTP-Link Archer C7
    Accessory #1 Humidifier keeps my skin nice and moist. ^_~

I have the same problem.

ROG STRIX GTX1070 here.

It happened when I played with the frame limiter, as I could not turn it off. Setting it to 0 sent my system into this frozen frame mode, and it's as if the screen cannot repaint itself, so it appears things are freezing.

Asus this is NOT fixed, you guys need to do something about this. Uninstalling/reinstalling everything including drivers, and performing system restores does not do anything. There's some system setting you guys are changing and there's no way to change it back.

I've since switched to MSI's Afterburner software, but I have the sneaking suspicion that the changes made are affecting my system even after removing all Asus software.

DO SOMETHING!!! My card was extremely stable, and overclocked better prior to playing with that stupid frame limiter setting. Prior to that my memory would stay at or above 9000MHz without issue, but afterwards I have to keep it under 9000MHz or I get instability. Not the end of the world, because it's still fast, but still an issue, since your software is causing this.

FRAME LIMITER is the issue, I think.

Ex-employee Array

Our software team is working on the issue and it seems that this isn't occurring for everyone. I tested this on our system with 2 x ROG Strix GTX 1080 and it starts up normally every time with version 1.4.0.8. We understand there are quite a few reports so we're working on a beta version which we'll release privately to have some test before releasing it officially.

New ROGer Array

The same issue here

I have ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1 Motherboard with STRIX-GTX980TI-DC3OC-6GD5-GAMING on it. I am running Win 10 (64 bit) version 1607.

I downloaded your GPUTweak2 Ver1.4.0.8 and since then I have started experiencing the same issue on my PC (laggy Win graphic effects). Recovering the system to the state prior to GPUTweak2 installation did not change anything - the system boots up with the same issue. Restarting Desktop Window Manager task repairs the system, but have to be done everytime I restart the computer...

This software should be flagged as harmful imho - without no quick fix the only solution I see is to basically reinstall the OS - how else would you call an app that forces you to do that?

I still have faith with you ASUS but it's diminishing quickly..

ROG Member Array

WOW I'm still in shock that I paid $280 to tank my system.
    My specs: (Windows 10 x64bit)(Fx 6100)(20 gb ram)(Strix 480 8gb)(850w Psu)
    I noticed that after messing with settings in gpu tweak...my system became slow and most of the time unresponsive. Just like the others it would work after rebooting. I uninstalled gpu tweak, but whenever I click on DS4 (ps4 controller program) it starts to lag again. Please tell me there's a fix for this.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

If you uninstalled it to rule it out completely download and run Ccleaner. Go to program files X86>ASUS>and delete the GPU tweak II folder.
    Then run the Ccleaner to remove orphaned registry entries. If you are still experiencing the same issue after you should consider looking at something else being your culprit.

In the future Ill gladly take your money and do a better job at tanking your system. I promise when Im done it will be tanked with no chance of recovery!
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos ccc.png  

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast