Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    If you uninstalled it to rule it out completely download and run Ccleaner. Go to program files X86>ASUS>and delete the GPU tweak II folder.
    Then run the Ccleaner to remove orphaned registry entries. If you are still experiencing the same issue after you should consider looking at something else being your culprit.

In the future Ill gladly take your money and do a better job at tanking your system. I promise when Im done it will be tanked with no chance of recovery!
    My pc started going haywire. I tried doing a clean install of the Crimson drivers but it only installed them partially. Next I tried DDU in safe mode. After the reboot all I had was a black screen. Even when I finally got into windows...all of the restore options failed. I ended up having to format my hd and reinstall windows. I also reinstalled the Crimson Relive driver but not Gpu Teak...and now I'm playing all of my games in crossfire problem free. I uninstalled that Xbox app + game bar and performance improved.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

New ROGer Array

CCleaner solves the legacy problems after uninstalling GPU Tweak II

JustinThyme, thanks for the post!

I indeed still had the GPU Tweak folder and 4 entries in the Registry. After deleting the folder and deleting the entries the problem seems to be solved, thanks!

EDIT: SORRY, TURNS OUT IT DIDNT SOLVE THE ISSUE... SYSTEM LAGGING ON VISUAL EFFECTS CONTINUES. RESTARTING DESKTOP WINDOWS MANAGER IS THE ONLY KNOWN INTERMEDIARY SOLUTION THAT WORKS TILL NOW
    Last edited by Quares; 01-08-2017 at 11:09 PM. Reason: invalid message

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Quares View Post
    JustinThyme, thanks for the post!

I indeed still had the GPU Tweak folder and 4 entries in the Registry. After deleting the folder and deleting the entries the problem seems to be solved, thanks!

EDIT: SORRY, TURNS OUT IT DIDNT SOLVE THE ISSUE... SYSTEM LAGGING ON VISUAL EFFECTS CONTINUES. RESTARTING DESKTOP WINDOWS MANAGER IS THE ONLY KNOWN INTERMEDIARY SOLUTION THAT WORKS TILL NOW
    Try removing bloatware. I uninstalled ALL of Microsoft's bloatware and now I don't have any problems. Before you Uninstall the Xbox app turn off the "game bar" overlay. It's in the DVR tab in the Xbox app.

New ROGer Array

I am not quite sure what you mean by "bloatware" or/and DVR tab in the Xbox app. I have no such things.

ASUS Team, do you think that the new release of GPU Tweak might solve this legacy issue?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Quares View Post
    I am not quite sure what you mean by "bloatware" or/and DVR tab in the Xbox app. I have no such things.

ASUS Team, do you think that the new release of GPU Tweak might solve this legacy issue?
    I was looking at one of your previous replies and you said that your OS is Win10. Bloatware is a term used for pre installed programs that you don't use. They take up memory and rob system resources. Win10 is plagued by bloatware. If you look at your apps you should see the Xbox app.

New ROGer Array

Try using msi afterburner

I have many issue regarding GPU Tweak such as lag system as mentioned above and also the card don't performing well (core clock is unstable while running 3dmark time spy). I also can't change fan configuration with Wattman. GPU Tweak also sometimes won't start automatically with windows login
    All problem solved after I use msi afterburner

Just avoid using GPU Tweak II until the bugs solved

New ROGer Array

windows lagging with GPU tweak II

windows show video issues when i change the preset modes on gpu tweak II, the problem solve when uninstall the program and reboot, i have the latest driver but the problem is always there with ROG strix rx 580.

my pc:
    asus tuf mark 2
    i7-7700k oc 4600 Mhz
    8 gb ram 3466 Mhz corsair
    asus rog strix rx 580
    corsair h100i v2

all runing in windows 10 64 bits

ROG Member Array Max2014 PC Specs
    Max2014 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage IV Extreme Black
    ProcessorIntel Core I7 4960X
    Memory (part number)Kingston Hyper X Predator 2400Mhz 4x4GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus Nvidia GTX Titan
    Graphics Card #2Asus STRIX Nvidia GTX 980ti OC
    CaseCooler Master HAF X
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Hey... i have been using GPu tweak by 2 years along with my Strix 980T
    Hhavent turn on GPU tweak in 2 weeks or so, maybe since Windows Recently Fall Update, just executed GPU tweak and this happened, desktop slow responsivenes, lag and tray icons not appear.
    Uninstalled and reinstalled last version of GPU tweak, also reinstalled drivers but no solution. Cant load GPU tweak for now.

Had to Kill DWM.exe and all back to normal.
    Last edited by Max2014; 01-03-2018 at 09:35 AM.

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Max2014 View Post
    Hey... i have been using GPu tweak by 2 years along with my Strix 980T
    Hhavent turn on GPU tweak in 2 weeks or so, maybe since Windows Recently Fall Update, just executed GPU tweak and this happened, desktop slow responsivenes, lag and tray icons not appear.
    Uninstalled and reinstalled last version of GPU tweak, also reinstalled drivers but no solution. Cant load GPU tweak for now.
    Are you running version 1.5.9.1 and still having issues? Please jump into this thread to report it. Thanks.
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...in-this-thread

ROG Member Array Max2014 PC Specs
    Max2014 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage IV Extreme Black
    ProcessorIntel Core I7 4960X
    Memory (part number)Kingston Hyper X Predator 2400Mhz 4x4GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus Nvidia GTX Titan
    Graphics Card #2Asus STRIX Nvidia GTX 980ti OC
    CaseCooler Master HAF X
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Yes, is the last version just updated today 1.5.9.1

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5