cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74sx - Different games, different results

naikee112
Level 7
Hello Republicians!

I have noticed that on my G74sx, some games queould run slower than others. (Derp). Anyways, it seems like some games, that look very good (graphically) run smooth without problems. Prime examples: Black Ops and AC: Revelations. My pc doesn't break a sweat at maximum settings and can run both games at a high framerate. On the other hand however, games like Bad Company 2, do run smoothly, but only with disabling or reducing the filter values. Now, my question is if this is purely related to the amount of optimization done by the developers, or because of something I am not aware of.

Answers much appreciated, as always

Naikee
1 REPLY 1

Tickwomp
Level 7
It's all game design, some games are just more resource intensive. Usually shadows and shaders is the culprit. Make sure your graphics driver is up-to-date though, since I know NVDIA releases Verde Beta drivers all the time to optimize the latest games. The also have GREAT optimization guides on the website http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us. Many times you need to config settings through the NVIDIA control panel vs in-game.