cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL552VW RAM Upgrades Necessary? Will it really make a difference?

kutzki
Level 7
So i'm curious... the ram inside my GL552VW-DH71 is cool and stuff, but do I NEED to upgrade? Will it really make a difference. I ask because I plan to upgrade my regular hard drive to an SSD and just reinstall windows completely, and have a smooth operation going on. Just keep all my data on the built in 1TB and run software, OS, etc. off of either a 250/500GB Samsung Evo 850 M.2 drive. What do you guys think? Should I upgrade ram as well, or just stick with what's in there, as it won't make a difference?
3 REPLIES 3

james11705
Level 7
kutzki wrote:
So i'm curious... the ram inside my GL552VW-DH71 is cool and stuff, but do I NEED to upgrade? Will it really make a difference. I ask because I plan to upgrade my regular hard drive to an SSD and just reinstall windows completely, and have a smooth operation going on. Just keep all my data on the built in 1TB and run software, OS, etc. off of either a 250/500GB Samsung Evo 850 M.2 drive. What do you guys think? Should I upgrade ram as well, or just stick with what's in there, as it won't make a difference?

Ram upgrade wouldn't make a difference unless ul be running multiple video related programs ie multiple video editing , copying, playing a high end game. But I'm sure 16gb is more than enough... N the anniversary edition of windows 10 crashes ur laptop if it's in the Ssd so just be careful with that...

Sent from my Titan

james11705 wrote:
Ram upgrade wouldn't make a difference unless ul be running multiple video related programs ie multiple video editing , copying, playing a high end game. But I'm sure 16gb is more than enough... N the anniversary edition of windows 10 crashes ur laptop if it's in the Ssd so just be careful with that...

Sent from my Titan
What do you mean it crashes it? Like...... I'm going to be doing a fresh install.... of the education edition of Windows. It's gonna crash that ****? 😞

kutzki wrote:
What do you mean it crashes it? Like...... I'm going to be doing a fresh install.... of the education edition of Windows. It's gonna crash that ****? 😞

Only if you install the anniversary update, just stay with the current education version n don't update it till windows releases a update fix ( it's been in the news for a month)

Sent from my Titan