Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU TWEAK II ver1.3.6.0 is out.

Erwin05
Level 10
Info:

1. Update GPU-Z.
2. Fix display errors in professional mode.
3. Improve system stability
37 REPLIES 37

nonspin
Level 7
Still fails to create the ASGT service which is necessary for AutoStart.
It does delete the old entry - for whatever reason.
Let me rephrase that: Installshield (again) removes the service,
because a remove/install is triggered instead of update/install.

To fix this, create a service:

open a cmd (elevated)

Check if the service present:
sc query ASGT

create service:
sc create ASGT binPath= %systemroot%\syswow64\ASGT.exe Start= auto DisplayName= ASGT

The spaces between option and value -> "binPath= %sys..." are IMPORTANT

Start the ASGT service after creation to verify your input.
Hint: If successful, GPUTweakII starts with it ;D

nonspin wrote:
Still fails to create the ASGT service which is necessary for AutoStart.
It does delete the old entry - for whatever reason.
Let me rephrase that: Installshield (again) removes the service,
because a remove/install is triggered instead of update/install.

To fix this, create a service:

open a cmd (elevated)

Check if the service present:
sc query ASGT

create service:
sc create ASGT binPath= %systemroot%\syswow64\ASGT.exe Start= auto DisplayName= ASGT

The spaces between option and value -> "binPath= %sys..." are IMPORTANT

Start the ASGT service after creation to verify your input.
Hint: If successful, GPUTweakII starts with it ;D

Thanks for this. I did this and it GPU Tweak II autostarted again. Then I upgraded to 1.3.9.7 and had to do it again. And I had to re-enter my custom fan profile again, too, which should not have been necessary.

danone77
Level 7
Hi,its not on my Support site (English/German),i think Asus dont Test it on GTX Titan X ??

meankeys
Level 13
Is the 3D always on button gone or is there a bug?

meankeys wrote:
Is the 3D always on button gone or is there a bug?

You have to go on "Professional Mode" to see up left the "Always 3D Clock" button.

I do not have the ASGT.exe launching nor crashing because it doesn't exist as a service in the Task Manager but It does exist in the Asus folder and SysWOW64 folder.

GPUTweak II doesn't launch at start up and have to be launch manually.

@nonspin, thank for the tip :). Now the service is created.

I don't have issues when setting the OC, Gaming, Silent Mode. In User Mode the fan speed % is saving my settings now when set Manual.
Asus Dual RX480 O4G - Core i5 3570K - P8Z77-V LE PLUS - (still on 2019)

I always use professional mode but still dont see the button. I am using windows 10 64. On my win 7 install I dont see any over lay labeling.

Defin4ar wrote:
You have to go on "Professional Mode" to see up left the "Always 3D Clock" button.

I do not have the ASGT.exe launching nor crashing because it doesn't exist as a service in the Task Manager but It does exist in the Asus folder and SysWOW64 folder.

GPUTweak II doesn't launch at start up and have to be launch manually.

@nonspin, thank for the tip :). Now the service is created.

I don't have issues when setting the OC, Gaming, Silent Mode. In User Mode the fan speed % is saving my settings now when set Manual.

meankeys wrote:
I always use professional mode but still dont see the button. I am using windows 10 64. On my win 7 install I dont see any over lay labeling.

Make a screen shot from Gpu tweak so we can see the missing button.

Finally, this version is the first one that works for my two Advance 1080's... monitor stays open, starts up with windows, doesn't corrupt the screen when I hit OC mode..etc,,, now if only it can run at the same time with Afterburner...

Bravoexo wrote:
Finally, this version is the first one that works for my two Advance 1080's... monitor stays open, starts up with windows, doesn't corrupt the screen when I hit OC mode..etc,,, now if only it can run at the same time with Afterburner...

Thanks for your feedback, I guess it's working perfectly for some, we're getting close to a version where we have all the minor and major bugs fixed.