cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there lighter or smaller power adapter for the G series notebooks?

gorgor03
Level 7
I tried to search the forum on this topic but couldn't find any. Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
8 REPLIES 8

Clintlgm
Level 14
The answer is you could probably find a Generic replacement that would have less Watts. I wouldn't advise it as your notebook needs all the watts the stock brick supplies.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

JustinThyme
Level 13
My answer would be a resounding no. These machine requires a lot of power. If you did manage to find one that fit the charging port you would cook a smaller brick in a matter of minutes.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

gorgor03
Level 7
Thank you for the response!

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
You may already know, but if it makes sense, consider getting an extra AC adapter so that you hopefully will not need to carry it around as much although this may not be a good solution for every situation.

gorgor03
Level 7
I see that Insignia makes a slim charger with the same voltage (19.5) and amp (9.23) output. But it's only 90W. Not sure how that affects the laptop?

EttoreA
Level 7
Singular! 19.5V x 9.23A makes 180W. How can it be 90W ? Sure it is 9.23Amps ??

gorgor03
Level 7
Thanks for pointing that out, EttoreA!

I guess there's no such thing as a slim 180W adapter. I wish we can use the USB type C port to charge the laptop!

I don't believe I have ever seen a notebook that charged through a USB port? Especially Gaming notebook the power requirements exceed any USB port that I know of. Sound like you need a tablet for traveling and leave your notebook at home.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro