cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibly a stupid/novice RAM question

bowman9991
Level 7
Having trouble with missing RAM, and would like to manually set RAM voltage.

How do I change DRAM Voltage (CHA,CHB) and DRAM Voltage (CHC,CHD)?
I've set it to MANUAL above under AI Tweaker, but can't seem to change the voltage values of either.
Can't move them from auto.

I have unsupported/untested memory and want to try setting it manually (not working with any other presets either).
Corsair Vengeance LED CMU64GX4M4C3200C16 64GB (4x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4
which is not displaying all sticks (16gb missing some of the time) and I can't get it to run at 3200MHz.

Any help appreciated.
Cheers,
John

-------------------------------
GTX 1080
Intel Core i7 6950X
Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Update
-------------------------------
8 REPLIES 8

Chino
Level 15
You type in a value into the box. That's about it.

Regarding the missing RAM, does your system pick up all sticks at stock default (2133MHz)? And which slots are you using for your sticks?

Hmmmmm. Odd. I can't type anything into either of these two fields:
DRAM Voltage (CHA,CHB) and
DRAM Voltage (CHC,CHD)?

I'm using the grey slots as outlined in manual. Even at 2133, it all doesn't appear.
When I did manage to overclock using XMP before the Anniversary update (as unstable as it was) all 64 did sometimes appear.
Both registering in bios and in Windows. Individual sticks are fine - and have been tested separately.

Chino
Level 15
Then I would guess it's a physical problem. Try reseating them again. If that doesn't work, loosen the screws for your heatsink a little. If all fails, remove your heatsink and CPU and inspect the CPU socket for any bent or missing pins.

Unbelievable. Turns out it was the keyboard I was using. For some reason, if I used another keyboard I could easily enter changes to the bios settings.
There was no problems with the keyboard in normal windows 10 usage.
Changing the settings to manual didn't make my memory disappear, but I've sped up the rest of the system.

xeromist
gaming keyboard? Some gaming keyboards use a higher polling rate or something than a standard keyboard. Usually they have a "bios mode" which may be a physical switch or key combination. You may want to look at the manual.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
gaming keyboard? Some gaming keyboards use a higher polling rate or something than a standard keyboard. Usually they have a "bios mode" which may be a physical switch or key combination. You may want to look at the manual.

Keyboards have manuals? 🙂

Zarathustraa
Level 7
The Kinesis Advantage Keyboard has issues with how Asus implemented USB.