cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG G751JT Laptop Sleep and Hibernate issues Windows 7

nickac1092
Level 7
Hey guys. So im posting on here because i have some issues. My laptop has Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit edition on it. I have all the right drivers for it.
Now, when i put it into sleep mode, it goes to sleep just fine. The problem im having is brightness controls for the screen after sleep. They stop working.
The animation still works but the screen won't dim or (if its dim) won't go any brighter.
Now for Hibernate, its a separate issue that's a bit more irritating. It hibernates just fine, however, it gets stuck on "resuming windows". My Acer laptop does all these things fine so theoretically, the G751 should do it just fine, right? Nope. Not in my case.

Those of you who suggest SFC/Scannow, it won't do anything. I tried it already in normal and safe modes too.

Please help. I would like brightness controls to work after sleep mode and have hibernation work and not have to shut down completely whenever i travel with it.
Case: Cosmos II super twr MB: Asus ROG Rampage V Edition 10 CPU: Intel I7 6800K 3.4GHz (OCed to 4.2GHz) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB 3000MHz GPU: 2x Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080 Classified PSU: Corsair AX1200I Storage: Crucial 128GB SSD HDDs: 24TBs total OS: Windows 10 Home 64 bit My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/bobac1083 25 yrs old
*Gaming Laptops:
*Asus ROG G751JY-VS71 upgrades: ram 32GB 1TB SSD 1TB HDD
*Acer Predator 15 G9-593-71EH upgrades: ram 32GB 256GB m.2 SSD 1TB HDD
10 REPLIES 10

Gps3dx
Level 12

• Take under consideration that there is NO official drivers for win7 on the G751JT and that win8 drivers might be different and NOT compatible with win7
  • Like the rest of the threads about that same issue on win8/10 try the following:

• A. reflash same version of bios or newer - as it is known to solve shutdown/reboot issue just after wake from sleep.
      use this forum's search engine to look for the added switch you need to have after the ".exe" inorder to flash again the same version of bios you have.
    • B. insure you ( NOT WINDOWS UPDATES ! ) have installed nvidia drivers from nvidia site ( NOT FROM ASUS !)
    • C. install ATK driver from asus, that's compatible with win7 ( search it on older series support page like the G55VW/G75 ... )

Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

I have the latest Nvidia drivers and im not dumb enough to go download them anywhere else besides the official site.... I also have the ATK drivers as well. Now for flashing bios, ive seen multiple posts saying people bricked their laptop which is why i havent done it yet for the fear of that. I have only flashed bios on desktops with a fail safe built in. From those posts though, seems that Asus didnt bother to put a fail safe into this laptop. At this point, i think it has to be the bios issue as it still has the original on it. Really dont appriciate "Just search". What do you think i have been doing on google? As well as Windows 7 help forums?! Ive been searching for a solution to this issue for 3.5 weeks already. Its been a month since i got it.
Case: Cosmos II super twr MB: Asus ROG Rampage V Edition 10 CPU: Intel I7 6800K 3.4GHz (OCed to 4.2GHz) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB 3000MHz GPU: 2x Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080 Classified PSU: Corsair AX1200I Storage: Crucial 128GB SSD HDDs: 24TBs total OS: Windows 10 Home 64 bit My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/bobac1083 25 yrs old
*Gaming Laptops:

Hi Nick.

Regarding the hybernation issue... I have read that ROGs might suffer of this issue. My GL552VW (a different model from yours) had the very same issue hybernation/sleep. In addition, I had the same problem when the screen went off after a few minutes I did not use the laptop. The easy solution was to not let the laptop hybernate/sleep and not let the screen go off. Obviously that was just frustrating. I updated my video cards and wifi drivers. However it didn't work.

I fixed it by flashing my BIOS with the latest version. I am afraid that's the only chance you have to fix your problem. Just be sure to download the correct drivers (I'm not telling you that because I believe you can do otherwise. Just a precaution. I've been told the same. As you have said, flashing the BIOS can be tricky. However with the right drivers is just a piece of cake).

My GL552VW works fine now and I'm very happy with it. I hope you will solve your issues.

Dan87 wrote:
Hi Nick.

Regarding the hybernation issue... I have read that ROGs might suffer of this issue. My GL552VW (a different model from yours) had the very same issue hybernation/sleep. In addition, I had the same problem when the screen went off after a few minutes I did not use the laptop. The easy solution was to not let the laptop hybernate/sleep and not let the screen go off. Obviously that was just frustrating. I updated my video cards and wifi drivers. However it didn't work.

I fixed it by flashing my BIOS with the latest version. I am afraid that's the only chance you have to fix your problem. Just be sure to download the correct drivers (I'm not telling you that because I believe you can do otherwise. Just a precaution. I've been told the same. As you have said, flashing the BIOS can be tricky. However with the right drivers is just a piece of cake).

My GL552VW works fine now and I'm very happy with it. I hope you will solve your issues.

I very much apprciate your input. Least you understand my fustration unlike the other 2 here who feel like being jerks.... I dont know why some people have to treat new mebers like that. Il try flashing the bios with the most recent one avalible and backup the current one i have stock. Edit: I have version 211 which is the most recent Bios from Asus on it already so im kinda stuck with it.....
*Gaming Laptops:

nickac1092 wrote:
Edit: I have version 211 which is the most recent Bios from Asus on it already so im kinda stuck with it.....

if you did your searching HW you'd know that you can reflash same bios version.
This is covered in multiple older threads + in my reply in this thread as well.
So yes, basically I do think you can still learn a thing or two -> you can be pissed off because of it, calling me names and whatnot...
it won't change the fact that you didn't knew that (or at least haven't tried that yet) as you could have, since it was discussed MANY TIMES in the same forums that are dedicated to the "wake from sleep" issues on the G751 series.

Please do remember that this is a community based forum and official asus support is NOT provided here.
Don't expect that any user will reply with a ":)" and a flattering words, as your behavior is not necessary welcome by everyone, i.e demanding help / posting reply in a pissed-off manner, just because you don't like the answers/solutions.

Lastly, please note that calling me named, can only lead you been banned by the admins, as this is against the forum regulation.
I'm going to ignore this for the time being.
Asus G751JT
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

There you go again with that sarcastic attitude. I already tired the solutions. Latest Bios. Latest Drivers. Reflashing the bios probley wouldnt solve the issue ether. Thats going off what i learned getting my CompTIA A+ certification. If the Bios works and doesnt have an issue, there is no reason to flash if the computer has the latest version, or doesnt have any Bios issue. You wasting effort telling me to search IS NOT HELPING. Google found all those threads you think i didnt even search for! I wouldnt be posting if i solved the problem. But seeming as you act the way you do, i guess you wouldnt care. Also, like i care if i get the boot. There are countless windows 7 forums etc out there.
*Gaming Laptops:

nickac1092 wrote:
Now for flashing bios, ive seen multiple posts saying people bricked their laptop which is why i havent done it yet for the fear of that. I have only flashed bios on desktops with a fail safe built in. From those posts though, seems that Asus didnt bother to put a fail safe into this laptop.

This forum got many threads that covers the fact that after bios reflashing (same version ) or upgrading various issue after wake-from-sleep are solved.
Other people wouldn't report success if they haven't reflashed the bios SUCCESSFULLY.
I don't recall any report of a "bricked" state laptop after the reflashing procedure.
for a smooth reflashing you need to charge your battery to highest state as possible when you stay connect to an AC perform the reflashing.
thus, there is nothing to be afraid.

also, AFAIK, since my past days with the G51JW -> then with G55VW->and now with G751JT - each of the ROG serie got "emergency" bios flashing capabilities - and they might slightly different from the other, as follows:
you should put the original bios named in a particular way ( specificly for your unique model ) on C: root drive OR on the root of a fat32 formatted USB, then power up the "bricked" laptop....
to understand in which way you need to rename such file, search this sub-forum, I know it contains the answer.
Asus G751JT
My Guides:

JustinThyme
Level 13
Im with Gps on this one. Firstly there are no official ASUS drivers that support Win7 on this machine. You can limp along with with some vendor drivers installed but just dont expect a machine whose hardware and drivers were designed around Win 8.1 and later to work on an OS that is 4 revisions old now, including ATK. Mainstream support, developments etc ended for Win7 Jan 2015. They say they will provide update etc until 2020 but Im thinking that pretty much means that if you install an old copy you cant connect to the update server to get it to the last stuff they put out.

I've seen other post about hibernation/sleep issues and some have had success flashing the BIOS but Ive not seen anyone fixing this with win7, they've all been Win10 . Ive flashed BIOS roms literally thousands of times and never bricked when using the manufacturers BIOS file. Not saying a BIOS flash will help you because as stated I've not seen any posts about it with an archaic OS.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Gps3dx
Level 12
nickac1092 wrote:
... My laptop has Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit edition on it. I have all the right drivers for it.
Now, when i put it into sleep mode, it goes to sleep just fine. The problem im having is brightness controls for the screen after sleep. They stop working.
The animation still works but the screen won't dim or (if its dim) won't go any brighter.

See HERE for temporary solution.
HERE is another OLDER THREAD about the same issue - thus it could have been nice of you to help this community ( & yourself ) by posting a reply in that thread, instead of opening another new thread ( small hint... PM the users that left replies in that thread, ask them if they managed to solve the issue ).

Another thing you can try - after wake from sleep, manually kill Hcontrol.exe using the task manager.
Then start it again by running Hcontrol.exe (default path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Hotkey")- then try to change the screen's brightness using the FN combo keys.
if that manages to solve your issue, then you can make a cmd/bat script that that kill and then exc Hcontrol.exe, and then call this script using "task scheduler" every time the computer gets unlocked
Asus G751JT
My Guides: