cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JY wi-fi card change

Boxis
Level 7
Hey,

I have been trying to search for similar topic on forums, but didn't find one. Anyway, is it possible to change the current Intel dual band Wireless-AC 7260 card on our laptops for some different one ? Have anyone tried it already ? If so, which model would be best to use as a replacement ?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

JustinThyme
Level 13
Yes it can be done easily, its been discussed but I know the search function is not all that friendly.
google G752Jy teardown, there are plenty of vids out there. You basically just have to get the keyboard off and the wireless card is in the top left. Only one screw holds it into the PCI half slot.

Question is why do you want to change it? Some folks have other preference claiming better ping times and no lag etc but personally Ive seen no conclusive proof that any improvements are seen.
One of the favorites of those who have issues or placebo issues is the Killer AC 1535.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Boxis
Level 7
Thanks, I will check it out.

I want to get rid of the latency spikes which I experience basically since I've got the laptop (it used to happen only in CS:GO at first but nowadays I am losing signal even during normal use + it happens in ESO too, which I play quite often recently). That's why I wanted to check, if someone actually changed it and if they experience some kind of an improvement after doing so.

Boxis wrote:
Thanks, I will check it out.

I want to get rid of the latency spikes which I experience basically since I've got the laptop (it used to happen only in CS:GO at first but nowadays I am losing signal even during normal use + it happens in ESO too, which I play quite often recently). That's why I wanted to check, if someone actually changed it and if they experience some kind of an improvement after doing so.

I'd be really intereseted in how it turns out. I have the same issue with it with streaming xbox one games.