cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha problems for booting

SoyUnaFuente
Level 7
Recently i updated the Bios to the latest Version which is 1902, and i started to have boot problems sometimes when i press the power button, the screen is not detecting any imput from the graphics card or the motherboard and the mouse & keyboard are dead. When it manages to boot i get greeted by a overclock screen whit a random % and when it passes that it goes to the normal boot screen but the mouse and keyboard are dead again until the login screen. Is this happening to anyone else with the latest bios?
16 REPLIES 16

Chino wrote:
Clear your CMOS.

i did, i still have the same problem.

Legolas
Level 9
Reseat your mouse and keyboard and your video card. Also, reseat your memory and see if it works
Sincerely,
Legolas

Legolas wrote:
Reseat your mouse and keyboard and your video card. Also, reseat your memory and see if it works

just did that even recleared the cmos, so cpu got reset to factory clock. and it removed the OC screen when booting but i sometimes still have problem for powering on since it just boots to a black screen.

NemesisChild
Level 12
Are there any motherboard error codes?
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

NemesisChild wrote:
Are there any motherboard error codes?

so far is between A0 which as far as i know is normal and 40 which sometimes show i dont know why because the computer was completely turned off before booting. this just started happening when i flashed the new bios.

NemesisChild
Level 12
Try reflashing or revert back to the previous bios.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

NemesisChild wrote:
Try reflashing or revert back to the previous bios.

i reflashed and still the same, reused ai suite for overclock and o every boot still get the OC screen with %. Is there a safe Way to revert back the bios?

Chino
Level 15