Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New bios version 2001 asus viii

baggio2121
Level 7
New bios available !

Just " improve system stability "....

Link for viii hero win 10 ,64 bit

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/MAXIMUS_VIII_HERO/MAXIMUS-VIII-HERO-ASUS-2001.zip?_ga=1....
69 REPLIES 69

Kiernon
Level 8
Thanks for the heads up, baggio2121. Much appreciated!

Sadly, this BIOS did not fix my specific problem with XMP that was introduced to my system with BIOS 1902. 😞

After resetting CMOS and loading defaults, setting XMP still sets a reboot loop with QCode 41. I was hopeful this version would resolve the issue, but for me, it has not.
Reverting back to 1701 has, once again, resolved issues with XMP and it is working normally again.

Pity, the startup of my system feels faster on 2001, but unfortunately any BIOS passed 1701 does not like my RAM kit at all.

Ah well. Maybe the next update will be different.

NOTE: Like BIOS 1902, I suspect most higher end kits will use XMP just fine. This is just my particular issue (and a few others who posted in the BIOS 1902 thread), so as always, YMMV.
In dreams, I walk with you.

After all these bios releases the b2 error is still not fixed.:mad:
When you don't have a dedicated video card installed and using the HDMI output port you get a ' no signal' on the screen.
Only way to fix is: Setting your ram to 2133Mhz and make sure Sync al core is set too AUTO.
That is just ridiculous and im very dissapointed. 😞
Please fix this in next release.
Also i notice no changes in this release what so ever.

Hello, if i try to install the new bios from a selected hdd or ssd it puts me Reading failed (altough, if i use the 1902 it reads it well ) and if i try to use ez utility from internet instead, It puts me is up to date.
Some fix?
EDIT: Solved, it has to be in the same folder as the previous BIOS.
No problema with XMP, system stable

2001 works very well.

Those who tried the bios already, can you check if it fixes the "uknown device" in device manager?

Kiernon wrote:
Thanks for the heads up, baggio2121. Much appreciated!

Sadly, this BIOS did not fix my specific problem with XMP that was introduced to my system with BIOS 1902. 😞

After resetting CMOS and loading defaults, setting XMP still sets a reboot loop with QCode 41. I was hopeful this version would resolve the issue, but for me, it has not.
Reverting back to 1701 has, once again, resolved issues with XMP and it is working normally again.

Pity, the startup of my system feels faster on 2001, but unfortunately any BIOS passed 1701 does not like my RAM kit at all.

Ah well. Maybe the next update will be different.

NOTE: Like BIOS 1902, I suspect most higher end kits will use XMP just fine. This is just my particular issue (and a few others who posted in the BIOS 1902 thread), so as always, YMMV.

Easy fix for this. Simply enter the frequency, base timings, and DRAM voltage manually in the bios.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

Hey there,

I have been trying to flash the 2001 bios now for about a day. I have downloaded it several times, used different usb drivers, different sized ones, all fat 32, rolled back to previous bios and tried to update from that and no matter what it keeps telling me the 2001 bios file is not a valid file. It does let me update to any of the previous bios but I simply cannot get this to flash.

Does anyone have any ideas? I am at a loss.

Thanks! Oh and hi, I'm new 🙂

J

johnathonm wrote:
Hey there,

I have been trying to flash the 2001 bios now for about a day. I have downloaded it several times, used different usb drivers, different sized ones, all fat 32, rolled back to previous bios and tried to update from that and no matter what it keeps telling me the 2001 bios file is not a valid file. It does let me update to any of the previous bios but I simply cannot get this to flash.

Does anyone have any ideas? I am at a loss.

Thanks! Oh and hi, I'm new 🙂

J

One time when i had this error it was because usb drive was not fat 32 formatted but you mentioned you do so i suppose that's not the case here. Are you flashing inside bios with ezflash? Works for me.

Hi James,

Yeah, I have been trying with EZ flash 3 in the bios. Is there another way?

J