cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead Ram Slots

Froto
Level 7
So...

Reading through the forums I see I am not alone with the random reboot issues, I will be reverting back to bios 2101 rather than any of the current 3XXX series.

However, today on top of that issue I have 2 bad ram slots, motherboard was bought brand new from Amazon and when I filled out the RMA online it's claiming that my board has already been RMA and that I need to wait up to 48 hours to receive a reply,
without as much as a confirmation email to let me know they received the request.

What gives on that, this is the second time in my life I have had to RMA a board with this company once for a Z77 board and now the Rampage, and both times are proving to be not very pleasant.
6 REPLIES 6

samual
Level 11
I tried instant RMA and got the same message I think its broken. To get an RMA number call the support number for your region . I found it easier. I talked to the rep and got a RMA number in about 20 minutes.
x99-pro/3.1 | i7-5820k | 16gb gskils 3000 | Nvidia gtx 980 ti | 512gb SM950 Pro | Predator 360 AIO | ASUS PA248Q | Seasonic Platnium 1000w

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Can't you just send it back directly to Amazon ?

Yeah I am going to call first thing Tuesday morning, "Assuming closed for labor day" but no I have had this board for awhile so I cant send it back to Amazon at this point.

On a side note, I am pretty positive this bad 3XXX series of bios causing the hard random shut downs is what killed my ram slots.

I was perplexed for the last several days on this issue but had just done a fresh install of 10, so updated all drivers and bios to the most current at the same time which left me with tons of things to troubleshoot until I ran across that forum thread yesterday

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
OK maybe its different in europe....here Amazon accepts return for anything still in guarantee period. They just need a confirmation email from asus rma department that the board is eligible for RMA and they refund or replace wirh new. Shame if thats not the case there.

I would try some other troubleshooting steps...like flashing 2101 and then testing sticks individually and slots individually...

Also reseat CPU...make sure cooling is mounted evenly and not displacing CPU which can lead to this...

Yeah I flashed backed to 2101 yesterday and haven't had a reboot since, as far as the rest though already went through all the troubleshooting, definitely got a fried channel on the board.

Ram works in all other slots, no other issues to speak of in or outside of windows, just gotta call em tomorrow and get an RMA underway.

Appreciate the replies, thanks.

Just an update, new board arrived today, installed it and everything is working great again, will NOT be updating bios any time soon......... Asus......please correct the issue so many are having.