cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio/Speaker Question

pcook911
Level 7
To all,

I have been running my new build with the Rampage V Extreme motherboard for about 6 months now but have only recently gotten my Logitech Z-560 speakers system, 4.1, from my house to where I am living now. I have been using a pair of Sony MDR-V6 headphones, connected to the front panel of my Corsair 750D case, so far. When I plug them in the SupremeFX software pops and ands what type of device was plugged in and has headphones preselected. I now want to hook up my speakers. I assume I just plug the green and black cables from the Logitech Control Center into the green and black plugs on the motherboard rear I/O panel.

A couple of questions.

• Does this bypass all of the ROG SupremeFX software?
  • Do I need to use any specific settings on it with these speakers?
  • I assume I use the headphone plug on the front of the Control Center from now on?
  • Anything else that I should consider?

TIA,

Paul
4 REPLIES 4

qwertz
Level 9
Does this bypass all of the ROG SupremeFX software?
Not all some echo audio affects work if select headphone as device only but important things like equalizer etc work with both.
Do I need to use any specific settings on it with these speakers?
If you have 4.1 you can do tests to verify all speakers getting correct signals individually.
You can try all settings thats what they are for , some use bass boost others listen linear without any alterations it all indvidual and depend on sound system
I assume I use the headphone plug on the front of the Control Center from now on?
For headphones good to always use the front plug as it has opamp and better quality output than rear output.
For amplifier front also produces better sound.
Anything else that I should consider?
You can also set up so that headphones and rear work at same time then dont need to hear pop sound every time connecting headphones.
Will the forum bugs get fixed?

qwertz,

Thanks for the response and helpful information. For some reason I always get nervous when hooking up new electronics. I don't want to let out the magic smoke and I want to hook it up/set it up so it works at it's best.

Paul

Legolas
Level 9
Did anyone try using the latest SupremeFX drivers from Asus website? link
Sincerely,
Legolas

Onimax
Level 8
@pcook911:
Effects are only bypassed if you use the optical audio out (or if you use a usb headset that is, as this is essentially just another usb soundcard).
Also keep in mind that dts will not work with devices attached via optical out.
Otherwise as qwertz said. ^^

@legolas:
They work, why?