cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doom Nightmare difficulty

Nate152
Has anyone played Doom on the Nightmare difficulty? Fighting the big crab spider monster Olivia Pierce turned into is pretty hard at the end.

Streamed with Xsplit Gamecster.

2560 x 1600, ultra settings, no AA, looks and plays great !
6 REPLIES 6

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

Nate152
Hi Arne !

LOL yeah ultra nightmare is nightmare difficulty but if you die once the game is over, I don't see how it's possible without some kind of cheats?

I suppose it can be done but I'm not going to attempt it, regular nightmare is frustrating enough. 😉

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Not sure...looks like you'd have to spend all day everyday playing it to get that good...like programming yourself...weird:confused:

Funny thing...a lot of these videos make me feel queasy watching them...since I'm not governing the movement...but yours for some reason was OK...

I haven't even started Doom...will get it on sale....

Nate152
It's definitely challenging on the harder levels and as you can see it's fast paced. You explore around to find secrets to upgrade your perks faster and there are levers on some levels and maybe all levels to open doors to a secret room, I only found 2 or 3 levers, I'm not much on looking around too long I want to fight ! LOL

If you like first person shooters you'll like this game.

Veovis
Level 10
From what I remember you really just need a few weapons, runes, and preator upgrades to focus on before the cyber demon and it gets "easier"

The runes would be:
Rich get Richer
Armored offensive
In flight mobility or Vaccum (whichever is more handy at the time)

As for the weapons:
BFG
Gauss cannon - Siege mode (fully upgraded)
Chaingun - Mobile Turret (fully upgraded)

As for the preator suit? Upgrade the powerup buffs to stave off dying.

Basically run around, stun as many imps as possible for Glory kills to keep your armor up and make sure that you keep the armor max high with the Ardent upgrades.

That way you have infinite ammo just before the boss fights. Then it's just a matter of timing with the Gauss or Chaingun (depending on what you prefer) to make the fight go faster.

Edit: Also Holograms are your friends

the game was hard in the start but then i got better and better