cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG279Q Questions

Subzie
Level 7
Hello all

I have recently purchased a PG279Q from ebay and i have 2 questions regarding the item.

1. Is there anyway the warranty for the monitor can be transferred from 1 owner to the next?

2. When i am using the monitor and viewing something that is black colour, i have noticed like a small smudge near the top bezel, I have tried to clean it usingonitor cleaner but it will not come off. Is there something possibly faulty or is there something else. I can provide a picture to discuss further if needed.

If anyone can help i would appreciate it.

Regards
Scott
3 REPLIES 3

Subzie
Level 7
Anyone know the answer to the questions at all?

Janne-71
Level 7
The smudge in the corner could be backlight bleed which is common with ips monitors...atleast with pg279q. If it bothers and it's too severe you can always ask for rma or return it. Search this forum further and you might find images of this backlight bleed issue.

Crashcourse316
Level 9
For the standard manufacturer warranty you should be able to just provide the new owner with the receipt or order so they can prove what date it was purchased on. If its an extended warranty they probably would just need the warranty number of the extended purchase. I would just put the receipt in the box and when you give it to the new owner you can give that to them with it.
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.