cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V Edition 10 - Bluetooth not finiding any devices

adotm
Level 7
I have been unable to discover any devices using my on board Bluetooth.

I am running Windows 10 AE (fresh install) and have tried all the different Bluetooth drivers i could find. I have the antenna connected.

I have tried to connect to the following BT devices so far:
- Xbox Wireless Controller (the new Xbox One S controller with Bluetooth)
- PS4 DS4 Wireless Controller
- JayBird BBX1MB BlueBuds X
- Nexus 6P

I have tried these devices on an older computer running ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe motherboard and my rMBP and they work just fine.
8 REPLIES 8

Chino
Level 15
Is the antenna connected correctly? Is each cable connected to the correct hole?

You can give the following a try as well.

bowman9991 wrote:
Try this. Seems to have helped me.

Open "Device Manager"
Under the heading "Bluetooth".
select "Bluetooth USB module".
Click on "Properties" and then
"Power management" and then UNCHECK
"Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power".

Haven't tested this thoughly, but I have managed to connect
and no crashes yet - but it's only been an hour 🙂

Let me know if it does anything for you.

Cheers.

Yes, the antenna is connected correctly and I am able to connect to WIFI as well.

The Device Manager trick does not work either.

Please keep in mind that I can't even find any BT devices when searching for them.

One thing to note is, I'm running BIOS version 0601. Does the later versions solve this?

Definitely update. Not the beta though, but the 901 version. This fixed a lot of issues for me. And is a hell of a lot more stable.

Also make sure you have installed all Windows 10 updates. There was one on the 31 August that seemed to fix my B uetooth issues.

Updated the BIOS to 0901 but still not luck. Also checked Windows Update and I am fully up to date, including the Aug 31st one.

This may be a longshot but helped my bluetooth strength. With the Antenna at the back, reorder where the three pins connect to.
Move each gold connector to different sockets.

Also, do you have any devices that use bluetooth within a ten-metre radius of your PC? Move them away to check if that makes a difference.

You could also try the unofficial latest Broadcom Bluetooth driver.
Its version number is greater than the one on the support page but it hasn't been checked by ASUS.

Finally, you could try the hardware troubleshooter in Control panel or Refresh your PC with the recovery options..

bowman9991 wrote:
This may be a longshot but helped my bluetooth strength. With the Antenna at the back, reorder where the three pins connect to.
Move each gold connector to different sockets.

Tried that, didn't help.

bowman9991 wrote:
You could also try the unofficial latest Broadcom Bluetooth driver.
Its version number is greater than the one on the support page but it hasn't been checked by ASUS.

Tried the latest drivers (12.0.1.940), didn't help.

bowman9991 wrote:
Finally, you could try the hardware troubleshooter in Control panel or Refresh your PC with the recovery options..

Like I mentioned before, I'm running a fresh install of Windows so there's nothing to 'recover' or 'refresh'.

Please note: I'm am getting to the Windows 10's Bluetooth settings screen and it attempts to find BT devices while displaying the "Your PC is searching for and can be discovered by Bluetooth devices" message, but it never finds ANY devices.

Brighttail
Level 11
Exactly the same here.

Actually when I first install I have three drivers for Bluetooth and yet after I start pairing, two disappear.

Something is very very weird. The two enumerators devices just gone.. ;(
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop