Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 60
  1. #41
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array Rewerend PC Specs
    Rewerend PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair V Formula - Z
    ProcessorAMD FX-9370
    Memory (part number)2 x KHX23C11T3K2/8X
    Graphics Card #1R9 Fury X 4gb Sapphire
    Sound CardAsus Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSAMSUNG U28E590D 28" uHD + freeSync
    Storage #1Samsung SSD EVO 540 250Gb
    Storage #2Seagate 7200.14 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H105
    CaseCooler Master Cosmos II
    Power SupplyENERMAX ERV1000EWT-G Revolution87+ 1000W Gold
    Keyboard Microsoft SideWinder X6
    Mouse Saitek MAD CATZ R.A.T. 7
    Headset Asus ROG Orion
    Mouse Pad Steel Series PAD
    Headset/Speakers Genius Home Theather SW 5.1
    OS MS Windows 8.1 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-N18U
    Accessory #1 Zalman ZM-MFC3 FAN/TEMP CONTROLLER

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    94

    Hey guys, so It´s bad true that the "Creators" update made Dolby Home Theather dissapear. Re-install driver solivng problem...but this is not good. Please asus you can verify in your labs. So please can you made driver with no dissaper issue...

  2. #42
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Reputation
    15
    Posts
    49

    After upgrading Windows 10 to the Creators Update, Dolby Digital Live is not working anymore. I've used 4.29 drivers as well as the 4.24 beta (and intermediate versions).
    I hope Asus will update the Phoebus drivers to correctly enable the Dolby Digital Live option from the Phoebus App with Creators Update, because using a Sound Blaster Z and the January 2017 latest drivers Dolby Digital Live works like a charm, so it is not a Windows 10 issue but only a driver problem I hope Asus will fix it in a further release (4.30 ???).

    There is also another issue already reported before regarding the audio drops occurring in games, selecting frequencies higher than 44 KHz (no matter the bit depth if 16 or 24 bit).

    I love the Phoebus sound card and I'd like to continue to use it for the time being.

    Sorry for my poor english but I hope my post will be clear and understandable.
    Last edited by TeddyRaspin; 04-15-2017 at 10:24 AM.

  3. #43
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by InternetOwl View Post
    Microsoft does not support Dolby Digital at this time.
    After the anniversary update this is not true. How can a sound card with drivers from well over a year ago from Creative have DDL working just fine. Throughout all updates of windows 10 ever since the anniversary update to preview Build 16170.

    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyRaspin View Post
    After upgrading Windows 10 to the Creators Update, Dolby Digital Live is not working anymore. I've used 4.29 drivers as well as the 4.24 beta (and intermediate versions).
    I hope Asus will update the Phoebus drivers to correctly enable the Dolby Digital Live option from the Phoebus App with Creators Update, because using a Sound Blaster Z and the January 2017 latest drivers Dolby Digital Live works like a charm, so it is not a Windows 10 issue but only a driver problem I hope Asus will fix it in a further release (4.30 ???).
    That's exactly what I'm talking about. I knew once the creators update dropped Dolby wouldn't work again. Because I've been using the insiders fast ring preview builds. This has nothing to do with microsoft not supporting DDL. This is an ASUS problem. I like ASUS and have many products by them. But when it comes to their support they are horrendous. I guess I'll just keep using my Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium since I need DDL to work.

  4. #44
    ROG Enthusiast Array Sneeky PC Specs
    Sneeky PC Specs
    MotherboardHero vii
    Processorintel 4690k
    Memory (part number)16 gig avexir core red DDR3 2133
    Graphics Card #1asus strix 980
    Sound CardRog Phoebus
    MonitorROG SWIFT PG278Q
    Storage #1samsung evo 850 250gig
    Storage #2WD black 1TB
    CPU Coolercorsair h100i gtx
    Casephanteks Enthoo pro
    Power Supplycorsair HXi 750
    Keyboard cougar 700k
    Mouse cougar 700m
    Headset Qpad QH90
    Headset/Speakers Edifier S760D
    OS win10 pro x64

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    62

    I am on the insider program with MS , and i can say every time there is a Update , i have to reinstall 4.29 driver
    Asus says its because win10 dont support DHT , MS forums say it a ASUS problem !
    Driver support for this card is Horrendous , it took ages for asus to release a driver that worked with win 10 , i can see them updating 4.29 in the near future

  5. #45
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyRaspin View Post
    After upgrading Windows 10 to the Creators Update, Dolby Digital Live is not working anymore. I've used 4.29 drivers as well as the 4.24 beta (and intermediate versions).
    I hope Asus will update the Phoebus drivers to correctly enable the Dolby Digital Live option from the Phoebus App with Creators Update, because using a Sound Blaster Z and the January 2017 latest drivers Dolby Digital Live works like a charm, so it is not a Windows 10 issue but only a driver problem I hope Asus will fix it in a further release (4.30 ???).

    There is also another issue already reported before regarding the audio drops occurring in games, selecting frequencies higher than 44 KHz (no matter the bit depth if 16 or 24 bit).

    I love the Phoebus sound card and I'd like to continue to use it for the time being.

    Sorry for my poor english but I hope my post will be clear and understandable.
    Can you clarify what games you're playing where the issue with selecting sample rate above 44 KHz is causing audio drop-offs? It would be best if you can share all details like your full system specifications, OS (language + version), audio driver, and games played that have the mentioned issue. Best if you can describe everything in as much details possible so I can pass it over to our audio team to see if they can replicate the issue.

  6. #46
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    41

    Built a new computer and have issues with all sample rates with the 48 KHz multiple. Pitch is off. This doesn't seem to be driver issue at all but a bizarre hardware problem out of nowhere. Didn't happen in the other computer it was in.

    44.1 KHz and it's multiples work. Weird.

    44.1 KHz works and it works 24-bit depth, so good enough (hopefully).
    Last edited by SoundMan; 04-18-2017 at 04:41 AM.

  7. #47
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Reputation
    15
    Posts
    49

    Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Can you clarify what games you're playing where the issue with selecting sample rate above 44 KHz is causing audio drop-offs? It would be best if you can share all details like your full system specifications, OS (language + version), audio driver, and games played that have the mentioned issue. Best if you can describe everything in as much details possible so I can pass it over to our audio team to see if they can replicate the issue.
    Dear Bahz,
    thanks for your reply and for your interest at my post. My system specs are as follows:

    Motherboard : Asus Rampage V Extreme, bios 2101
    CPU : Intel Haswell-E I7-5930k (at stock speed during tests)
    RAM : 16 Gb Quad Channel Kit (4*4 Gb) G.Skill Ripjaws IV DDR4 3000 MHz CL15
    VGA : GeForce GTX Titan X (Maxwell series) with latest official WHQL NVidia Drivers
    AUDIO : Asus Xonar Phoebus ROG 5.1with 4.29 official Asus drivers installed
    Operating System (OS) : Windows 10 Creators Update, build 1703 (15063.138)
    OS Language : Italian

    The Xonar Phoebus is linked to an external Yamaha amplifier, model HTR-4067 via TosLink optical cable on the S/PDIF port.
    The issue of the audio drops occurrs selecting any shared sample frequency in the "Advanced" Audio Properties (which you
    can find either via Windows Control Panel or via Asus Phoebus Control Panel). I've attached an image showing what I'm talking
    about.

    There are several games I tried for my own tests and all of them show such audio drops, occurring in random way, after few mins
    (5 - 10) as well as suddenly. This behaviour is more frequent increasing the sample rate frequency.
    The higher is the sample rate (above 48 KHz) the more are the audio drops.

    Anyway this is only a brief list of the games I tried :

    - Batman Arkham Knight
    - Mass Effect Andromeda
    - Rise of the Tomb Raider
    - GTA V (Grand Theft Auto 5)

    Of course, I've tried everything, changing audio/video drivers starting from older versions to the updated ones.

    The only thing I can say for sure, is that this audio drops issue occurrs only via the Optical-S/PDIF port selecting
    sample rate frequencies above 44 KHz (no matter which bit depth is selected if 16 or 24 bit).

    And a friend of mine, which has a similar configuration system, has the same identical issues, as well as other users on this forum,
    so I'm pretty sure that this problem can be easily reproduced and I trust that the Asus team can fix this and allow us to continue to
    enjoy this great sound card.

    That's all. Let me know if you need any other info.
    For the moment, thanks again and I'll keep fingers crossed.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Proof.png  


  8. #48
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyRaspin View Post
    Dear Bahz,
    thanks for your reply and for your interest at my post. My system specs are as follows:

    Motherboard : Asus Rampage V Extreme, bios 2101
    CPU : Intel Haswell-E I7-5930k (at stock speed during tests)
    RAM : 16 Gb Quad Channel Kit (4*4 Gb) G.Skill Ripjaws IV DDR4 3000 MHz CL15
    VGA : GeForce GTX Titan X (Maxwell series) with latest official WHQL NVidia Drivers
    AUDIO : Asus Xonar Phoebus ROG 5.1with 4.29 official Asus drivers installed
    Operating System (OS) : Windows 10 Creators Update, build 1703 (15063.138)
    OS Language : Italian

    The Xonar Phoebus is linked to an external Yamaha amplifier, model HTR-4067 via TosLink optical cable on the S/PDIF port.
    The issue of the audio drops occurrs selecting any shared sample frequency in the "Advanced" Audio Properties (which you
    can find either via Windows Control Panel or via Asus Phoebus Control Panel). I've attached an image showing what I'm talking
    about.

    There are several games I tried for my own tests and all of them show such audio drops, occurring in random way, after few mins
    (5 - 10) as well as suddenly. This behaviour is more frequent increasing the sample rate frequency.
    The higher is the sample rate (above 48 KHz) the more are the audio drops.

    Anyway this is only a brief list of the games I tried :

    - Batman Arkham Knight
    - Mass Effect Andromeda
    - Rise of the Tomb Raider
    - GTA V (Grand Theft Auto 5)

    Of course, I've tried everything, changing audio/video drivers starting from older versions to the updated ones.

    The only thing I can say for sure, is that this audio drops issue occurrs only via the Optical-S/PDIF port selecting
    sample rate frequencies above 44 KHz (no matter which bit depth is selected if 16 or 24 bit).

    And a friend of mine, which has a similar configuration system, has the same identical issues, as well as other users on this forum,
    so I'm pretty sure that this problem can be easily reproduced and I trust that the Asus team can fix this and allow us to continue to
    enjoy this great sound card.

    That's all. Let me know if you need any other info.
    For the moment, thanks again and I'll keep fingers crossed.
    Thanks for taking the time to provide back with all the details, I will pass all the information along to our audio team and I'll let you know if they require any other information from you.

  9. #49
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Reputation
    15
    Posts
    49

    Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to provide back with all the details, I will pass all the information along to our audio team and I'll let you know if they require any other information from you.
    Thanks for your answer. I really appreciate your effort as well as the one of the audio team.

  10. #50
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Red Jhon PC Specs
    Red Jhon PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme - BIOS 2101
    ProcessorIntel i7 5960X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14Q-32GVR
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    Graphics Card #2EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    Sound CardAsus Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorAOC G2460PG
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro 256Gb - Raid 0 / VelociRaptor 500Gb - Raid 0
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Water 3 Ultimate
    CaseCooler Master Cosmos II
    Power SupplySilverstone ST1500
    Keyboard Corsair K70
    Mouse Logitech G9
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64 - 1703
    Accessory #1 2 VelociRaptor 150Gb
    Accessory #2 Pioneer BDR-209D
    Accessory #3 Yamaha YHT-4930 Kit Home Cinema 5.1
    Red Jhon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Reputation
    18
    Posts
    220

    Hi, I confirm what was reported by the user TeddyRaspin. With 44Khz (16/24) the system works properly, above (48 to 192Khz) audio drop-offs.

    "The Xonar Phoebus is linked to an external Yamaha amplifier, model HTR-4069 via Lindy optical cable on the S/PDIF port."

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •