CaseCooler Master HAF 932
    Power SupplySeasonic M12II Evo Edition Bronze
    Keyboard Coarsair K95 Platinum Brown MX
    Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
    Mouse Pad Roccat Taito
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z623
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterLinksys WRT 1900 ACS

No longer have speaker mismatch since i went to a 2.1 speaker setup and ditched my 5.1 setup. I'm not sure if sonic studio can be added to a new drive like ver 5.0?

Ex-employee Array

Our engineers tested 5.1 setup with Windows 10 system and couldn't replicate the speaker mismatch issue. I can assure that this isn't happening for most people, and those who are having this issue please provide us with more information.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Our engineers tested 5.1 setup with Windows 10 system and couldn't replicate the speaker mismatch issue. I can assure that this isn't happening for most people, and those who are having this issue please provide us with more information.
    I have a question and when the Sonic Studio with support for Dolby Home Theater v4

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Probably never at this point. I think i'm going to get that creative zxr now.

ROG Enthusiast Array Tellus PC Specs
    Tellus PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Sabertooth P67 revB
    Processori7 2600K @4,8GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair 2x8GB 2133MHz
    Graphics Card #1MSI GamingX GTX 1080
    Sound CardASUS ROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorAcer Z35
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB
    Storage #2Crucial MX300 1050GB
    CPU CoolerNoctua D14
    CaseFractal Design ARC
    Power SupplyZalman 850W
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Steel Series Rival 500
    Headset Sennheiser PC360 GAME
    Mouse Pad Qpad
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z5500
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterASUS DSL-N66U

The speaker mismatch only happens when you have started an audio stream, paused it and started it again, try looking at youtube videos and pausing and switching videos, all this while having Dolby activated and 5.1 channel setup. At some point the channels will swap (center becomes left rear), this is a very old C-media bug and it happens on other brands as well (creative). Saying you can't replicate the issue is no more then utter bull****. Trying to get the issue using 2.1 or 2.0 just won't work. Using other programs like spotify gives the exact same issue, pause the stream over and over and at some point it will swap and the swap sticks until you have restarted the application or you swap speaker layout.

This has been going on since day one with all drivers but this one for some reason produces the issue more reliably, ASUS needs to stop implying that the issues are not replicable or that they affect only a handful people.
    | Sabertooth p67 rev b | i7 2600k @4,8GHz | 2x8GB 2133MHz Corsair | MSI GamingX GTX 1080@2125MHz | 256GB Samsung 840Pro | MX300 1TB | 2x 120GB Intel 510 | Xonar Phoebus | Zalman ZM-850HP | Logitech G810 & SS Rival 500 | Acer Z35 |

New ROGer Array

I'm having issues with every version i tried on Windows 10.

Basically whenever i attempt to use any output frequency above 44.1KHz the audio will start randomly dropping out (bit resolution doesn't seem to matter as 16 and 24 both work fine on 44.1)

From what i can tell, as i select higher frequency ranges the issue gets more severe, on 48KHz audio still mostly plays (with rare drops) and on 192KHz it's usually nearly dead silent with sound only making it through on rare occasions.

I'm using Phoebus mainly to pass through 5.1 game audio via Dolby Digital Live using S/PDIF to my Hi-Fi setup.
    My Denon receiver (AVR-3806) actively shows input and it's format and as far as i can tell, whenever the drop occurs the signal is temporarily not being sent to the receiver. However when i look at any of the equalizers in Windows it still shows audio being played.

My issue seems to be not an isolated case as i've managed to find this thread:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ficial-drivers

However it seems nobody ever posted a solution to my issue.

It's also worth mentioning that if i uninstall the ASUS driver, all outputs (minus DDL which obviously is not supported by windows driver) work just fine.
    Hopefully this issue will be resolved eventually.

ROG Enthusiast Array Tellus PC Specs
    Tellus PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Sabertooth P67 revB
    Processori7 2600K @4,8GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair 2x8GB 2133MHz
    Graphics Card #1MSI GamingX GTX 1080
    Sound CardASUS ROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorAcer Z35
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB
    Storage #2Crucial MX300 1050GB
    CPU CoolerNoctua D14
    CaseFractal Design ARC
    Power SupplyZalman 850W
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Steel Series Rival 500
    Headset Sennheiser PC360 GAME
    Mouse Pad Qpad
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z5500
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterASUS DSL-N66U

After very extensive testing i have been able to sort out the channel swapping to almost not having it at all. First of all i disabled HPET and then i changed all the sample rates to 24/192kHz (speakers, headphones & mic) With this the swapping is as i said almost entirely gone.
    | Sabertooth p67 rev b | i7 2600k @4,8GHz | 2x8GB 2133MHz Corsair | MSI GamingX GTX 1080@2125MHz | 256GB Samsung 840Pro | MX300 1TB | 2x 120GB Intel 510 | Xonar Phoebus | Zalman ZM-850HP | Logitech G810 & SS Rival 500 | Acer Z35 |

ROG Member Array

After updating to an Insider Preview of Windows 10 (Build 15048) Dolby no longer works again.... I've tried this driver and the old beta driver that worked after the windows 10 anniversary update. I'm limited to 2 channels only. I might as well not even install the drivers because it makes no difference. I have a logitech z906 5.1 system and I need Dolby Digital Live to work. Since then I have removed the Xonar Phoebus from my system.

I had an older Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Sound Card laying around so I tried that and Dolby works without any problems whatsoever. Whats funny is the Creative drivers are from December 2015 and they work just fine.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

So Dolby Surround doesn't work or you need other driver to have it work ? you need to uninstall the other driver to use Dolby ? I mean how do you get Sonic surround to work and how do you get Dolby to work if it's 2 different installation files .

And which one do you think is better ?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Okay, this only pertains to the Phoebus. Not Strix cards. There are two drivers. The newest has the Sonic Studio and no Dolby. The reason is that working or not Microsoft does not support Dolby Digital at this time. There is a second slightly older driver that uses the old interface and does have Dolby Digital. It does work with Win 10 but you may have to re-install it after certain updates to keep the Dolby working because of Microsoft current stance on Dolby Digital. There is no real way to combine the Sonic Studio driver with the Dolby one.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast