cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z170 stability issues?

Keidj
Level 7
Hello guys!

I now own 2x 1080's, 1x ASUS Strix 1080 and 1x EVGA Classified. When ovewrclocking my Strix 1080 everything works fine and card starts artifacting when pushed too far. But when overclocking the Classified benchmark programs "stop working"("there was a problem and the program has stopped working"), they dont hard crash. I didnt have the latest BIOS for my Z170 Pro gaming so I downloaded it. Before I was going to update the BIOS I loaded "optimized defaults" in BIOS and restarted. I then tried overclocking the Classified with CPU running at stock(before updating BIOS) and now the benchmark programs dont "crash" instead they lag and hangs for a second or two but then continues. SO to sum up quick: when CPU is overclocked to 4,5Ghz manually I cant overclock my Classified but I can overclock my Strix 1080. when CPU is running at stock I can overclock and run benchmarks with the Classified, benchmark programs dont crash but there is still instability.

Is my mobo bad?
2 REPLIES 2

Chino
Level 15
You should overclock each component separately. If crashes do happen, you can pinpoint which overclock is the unstable one.

Assuming that you're at stock speed, then your GPU overclock is simply unstable.

Chino wrote:
You should overclock each component separately. If crashes do happen, you can pinpoint which overclock is the unstable one.

Assuming that you're at stock speed, then your GPU overclock is simply unstable.

Ty for taking time to reply.

Its the card. Tried it in 2 different PC's. Sad life!