cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix X99 Gaming problems

kosamchetoo
Level 7
I know this is the forum for Rampage V Extreme, but I couldn't find the Strix X99 Gaming forum so I post here.
I have 3 problems with this mobo:
The first one is that in Samsung Magician it can't recognize the SATA 3 port, and shows I'm using IDE instead of AHCI. That can't be true because in the BIOS it is set to AHCI. When I switch to IDE I can't even boot and have a BSOD.
The second problem is that the built in bluetooth is very slow and has very short range. I have to hold my phone on the IO shield to start transferring and 3MB image is being transferred 30 minutes. Wi-Fi is working fine and I haven;t installed the antenna. I installed the Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth driver on the motherboard support page.
The third problem is very slow posting. My POST time is 25 seconds. My other PC with Asus Z170 Pro Gaming only has 9 seconds POST.
Any suggestions?
12 REPLIES 12

kosamchetoo
Level 7
No one?

SimondsUnchaind
Level 7
kosamchetoo wrote:
I know this is the forum for Rampage V Extreme, but I couldn't find the Strix X99 Gaming forum so I post here.
I have 3 problems with this mobo:
The first one is that in Samsung Magician it can't recognize the SATA 3 port, and shows I'm using IDE instead of AHCI. That can't be true because in the BIOS it is set to AHCI. When I switch to IDE I can't even boot and have a BSOD.
The second problem is that the built in bluetooth is very slow and has very short range. I have to hold my phone on the IO shield to start transferring and 3MB image is being transferred 30 minutes. Wi-Fi is working fine and I haven;t installed the antenna. I installed the Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth driver on the motherboard support page.
The third problem is very slow posting. My POST time is 25 seconds. My other PC with Asus Z170 Pro Gaming only has 9 seconds POST.
Any suggestions?
You're posting in the right place. The forum is for all X99 motherboards, just a lot of Rampage V Edition 10 errors going on.

Unfortunately, I don't have the technical prowess (yet) to help or fully understand your issues. This forum is a helpful one so just be patient and responses will start to come in.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Reading your post I find it hard to lay any problem at the feet of the motherboard.

1 sounds like a samsung magician problem or a configuration problem
2 the WifiGo module handles bluetooth...AFAIK you have to plug in the antenna and AFAIK you have to install bluetooth driver before you install wifi go software...see manual
3 this platform is a more complicated platform. Quad channel is not dual channel. Your boot time is normal and is not a metric of perfomance.

In my manual there is nothing about this wifi go software and i can't find a download for it.

xarot
Level 11
You cannot boot in IDE mode if you installed Windows in ACHI. Most probably a problem with the Samsung software itself.

I don't get it...you say the bluetooth has a short range but you have not installed the antenna at all?-)
Main: i9-10980XE - Rampage VI Extreme Encore - 64 GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3600 CL16 - Strix RTX 3090 - Phanteks Enthoo Primo - Corsair AX1500i - Samsung 960 PRO 1 TB + Intel 600P 1TB - Water cooling
HTPC: i7-6950X - X99-M WS - 32 GB G.Skill RipjawsV DDR4-2400 - GTX1050TI - Bitfenix Pandora - Corsair AX860 - Intel 750 400 GB + Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO
All around: i9-7980XE - Rampage VI Extreme - 64 GB G.Skill 4000 CL18-19-19-39 - Strix RTX3090 - Phanteks P500A - Samsung 960 EVO 512 GB - Water cooling

xarot wrote:
You cannot boot in IDE mode if you installed Windows in ACHI. Most probably a problem with the Samsung software itself.

I don't get it...you say the bluetooth has a short range but you have not installed the antenna at all?-)

I installed the antenna now and everything is fine. I was worried because the Wi-Fi had a good range and worked fine without the antenna so I though Bluetooth should work fine without it too.
I have one more question. When I open CPU-Z it is loading very slow when it reaches loading the SPD. Is this also because of Quad Channel and it's complexity? My other PC with Z170 loads the SPD instantly and this PC is loading the SPD 10 seconds.

Praz
Level 13
Thread moved to correct subforum.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

In HWiNFO64 it can't detect some motherboard sensors and my Vcore is very high, what is causing this or it's normal?