Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Welsh Whoopee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Reputation
    17
    Posts
    230

    yeah I would stick to the founders edition card just to push the heat out of the case, as for your cpu it will be bottle necking a little with certain games and might be worth a upgrade to the i7 4790
    as for the speed of the fans, you just need to mauneul edit the fans for the cpu using speedfan, and use the gpu software to always run the graphics at certain speed and don't overclock
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ http://bit.ly/2LNo1dI

    ASUS ROG G20 PLAYLIST @ http://bit.ly/2R9njXC

  2. #12
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by FonzieBulldog View Post
    Didnt need any water cooler on the G20CB when the new GTX 1080 and i7-6700K 4.0Ghz is running close to the same degree as before the change.
    But i agree in that is fun to put a water cooler on this small computer box.
    do you have any pic or video on water cooling in the g20?

  3. #13
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array FonzieBulldog PC Specs
    FonzieBulldog PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Homebuilt and named The Bulldog
    MotherboardAsus Maximus Hero VIII
    ProcessorIntel i7-6700K 4.6 Ghz
    Memory (part number)32GB
    Graphics Card #1MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X
    Graphics Card #2Sometimes a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition
    Graphics Card #3Sometimes a Nvidia GeForce GTX 980
    MonitorAsus 3D
    Storage #1M2 SSD 512GB
    Storage #2SSD 512GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H115i
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2
    Keyboard Razer
    Mouse Razer
    Headset Razer
    Mouse Pad Razer
    Headset/Speakers Razer
    OS Windows 10 X64 Pro
    Accessory #1 Updated Asus G20CB (The Midget)
    Accessory #2 GTX 1080 Founders Edition
    Accessory #3 Intel i7-6700K
    FonzieBulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Reputation
    14
    Posts
    180

    I didnt water cool the CPU by this time when the heat from the i7-6700K was far under what i expected in heat degrees.But if i do it i will drag the cooling tubes through the already existing cooler exhaust in the case and use the same Corsair water cooler version who you find in the the "specs" to the right under the my profile as i did in the home built Bulldog computer.Then you dont have to make any strange holes in this G20 case.Post pictures if and when i do it.
    Last edited by FonzieBulldog; 10-17-2016 at 07:33 AM.

  4. #14
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by FonzieBulldog View Post
    I didnt water cool the CPU by this time when the heat from the i7-6700K was far under what i expected in heat degrees.But if i do it i will drag the cooling tubes through the already existing cooler exhaust in the case and use the same Corsair water cooler version who you find in the the "specs" to the right under the my profile as i did in the home built Bulldog computer.Then you dont have to make any strange holes in this G20 case.Post pictures if and when i do it.
    ok i thought you were talking water cooling gpu and thought you had done it. but thanks for answering me.

  5. #15
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    55

    Quote Originally Posted by Gengaku View Post
    1) Haven't seen any thread here about a non reference model being installed. I saw one on a YouTube comment once but cant find it anymore. Someone was able to fit an asus gtx turbo inside the case but without the metal frame holding the video card.

    2) Your assumptions is right. If you checked the asus and msi website you'll find this measurement for the cards but it would be best to wait till someone has actually installed one and posted here or online.

    26 x 11.1 x 3.5 cm GEFORCE® GTX 1080 AERO 8G - MSI
    26.67 x 11.12 x 3.81 cm GEFORCE® GTX GTX1070-8G - ASUS


    https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/Ge...-specification
    https://www.asus.com/ph/Graphics-Car...pecifications/







    I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of the post where the Asus GTX 1080 Turbo was installed and if in fact it really does fit.
    Can someone confirm this? The difference in price between the Turbo and FE is enough to want me to go for the Turbo.

  6. #16
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array FonzieBulldog PC Specs
    FonzieBulldog PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Homebuilt and named The Bulldog
    MotherboardAsus Maximus Hero VIII
    ProcessorIntel i7-6700K 4.6 Ghz
    Memory (part number)32GB
    Graphics Card #1MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X
    Graphics Card #2Sometimes a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition
    Graphics Card #3Sometimes a Nvidia GeForce GTX 980
    MonitorAsus 3D
    Storage #1M2 SSD 512GB
    Storage #2SSD 512GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H115i
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2
    Keyboard Razer
    Mouse Razer
    Headset Razer
    Mouse Pad Razer
    Headset/Speakers Razer
    OS Windows 10 X64 Pro
    Accessory #1 Updated Asus G20CB (The Midget)
    Accessory #2 GTX 1080 Founders Edition
    Accessory #3 Intel i7-6700K
    FonzieBulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Reputation
    14
    Posts
    180

    Quote Originally Posted by chrimen View Post
    I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of the post where the Asus GTX 1080 Turbo was installed and if in fact it really does fit.
    Can someone confirm this? The difference in price between the Turbo and FE is enough to want me to go for the Turbo.





    Checked out the size specifications on the GTX 1080 and GTX 1080 Turbo and they where the same and when i have space over in a G20CB after installing a GTX 1080 there shouldnt be any problem with the Turbo card either.
    Last edited by FonzieBulldog; 10-26-2016 at 09:13 PM.

  7. #17
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    55

    Quote Originally Posted by FonzieBulldog View Post
    Checked out the size specifications on the GTX 1080 and GTX 1080 Turbo and they where the same and when i have space over in a G20CB after installing a GTX 1080 there shouldnt be any problem with the Turbo card either.

    Thanks for the info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •