Threaded View

Frakking frustrated Array Dysternaut's Avatar

Question Different GTX 1080 cards and the cooling in the G20AJ

Hi guys,

I have a G20AJ with the 970 card in it right now, and am looking to upgrade to a 1080 card.

Having the 970 already, as far as I have read, I don't need to buy another power brick, changer jumpers and so on. I have also read on here that a lot of people have had no problems fitting Founder's Edition cards into the G20AJ.

Thing is, FE cards cost a bundle (at least here in Denmark) and a lot more than many others. However, the card of course needs to fit, and be cooled in a way that corresponds with the cooling system already in the G20AJ case.

So I have two things I was wondering, which I hope some of you fine people might be able to help me with:

1. Has anyone fitted other 1080 cards than FE in their G20AJ? If yes, which card and what temperatures are you getting?

2. I am personally looking at the MSI GTX 1080 AERO 8G OC, which seems to have similar cooling to the FE edition cards. Am I right in this assumption? And what other cards out there have cooling that fit within the G20AJ cooling scheme?

Thanks a lot for any help you can provide guys!