cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG279Q whole screen was blurry after afking for an hour....

ShY
Level 7
Just got this monitor yesterday and I really like it. The only problem is today I went afk for like an hour and when I came back the whole screen was really really blurry. And no I am not using "stock" calibration settings.

Here is how it looked: https://imgur.com/a/ybJkR
As you can see the tabs are essentially unreadable and the camera actually made it somehow not look as bad as it is...but its way worse then what the picture shows.

Do I have a defective monitor? I tried turning it on and off, changing settings like true sync, etc but nothing fixed it. Restarting the computer fixed the blur but I don't want to have to restart my computer every single time I go afk for extended times.
2 REPLIES 2

Bahz
Level 12
First I would recommend checking the cables and if that's out of the picture then the safe thing to do is to return it to the store for a replacement and see if the same issue occurs with the replacement.

I've had this happen before with my PG278Q. What i did was simply unplugged the monitor's Power adapter completely and let it sit for about a minute, and haven't had problems ever since.