New ROGer Array

Brand new asus rog gl552vw shutting down when gaming

So i recently purchased the asus gl552vw and since day one i've been having this issue where the laptop shuts down when gaming. Sometimes its one hour and sometimes its 5 mins, but eventually this laptop always shuts down.
    The kind of shutdown is like a hard shutdown, like when u hold the power button for a long time and everything zaps off.
    i cannot figure out why it turns off, i checked the windows event viewer and it showed me nothing.
    Here's a list of things i did;
    -reinstalled windows
    -updated/reinstalled all the drivers
    -lowered the clock speed of cpu and gpu

It cannot be overheating as this is a new laptop, and monitored temps showed everything below 80degrees celcius.
    Any help would be appreciated, spent almost 5 months salary on this laptop i hope it wasnt for nothing.
    Thanks in advance.

ROG Member Array

try installing older versions of the intel graphics/thermal framework driver

New ROGer Array

Ok, will do it and report back

New ROGer Array

Installed the older drivers and it still shuts down while gaming. I tried running some stress tests on the cpu, gpu and ram. However nothing happened during those tests.
    Only while gaming.
    Is there anything else i can try? How can a gaming laptop not be able to play games straight out of the box.
    Last edited by Lykicare; 09-18-2016 at 05:50 PM.

ROG Member Array

Alright, try rebooting the system and before installing any driver install and play a random game, if it doesn't shuts down then start installing the drivers one by one (while testing games) until you find the one that is causing the problem.

If it shuts down before installing any driver then it may be a problem of the laptop.

Those are the drivers that I'm currently using, you can try with those if you want (I use Windows 8.1)
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...15-40-6th-Gen-
    http://www.dell.com/support/home/cl/...driverId=66P3R