New ROGer Array

GL552VW Keep getting black screens! Need help!

Hello iv recently been getting black screens alot on my laptop and i dont know why. iv only had this laptop for atleast 5 months and i dont know why its doing this. This is my computers information. When i used my laptop recently my laptop will just go black and i would have to force shutdown my laptop to fix it. If any body could help i would greatly appreciate it.

Time of this report: 9/7/2016, 16:13:36
    Machine name: DESKTOP-RIVU5R3
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release.160802-1857)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model: GL552VW
    BIOS: GL552VW.210
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16282MB RAM
    Page File: 4204MB used, 14510MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

New ROGer Array

black screens

try updating intel hd graphics drivers from intel website and not asus support site.

New ROGer Array

I updated the Intel Drive it's still giving me black screens.

New ROGer Array

Can u clarify what the version of your Intel Driver is and where you got it from?

1) The ASUS site lists old drivers, i recommend going to: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/...rt/detect.html
    and use their update utility. The most current version for our chipset is: 15.40.28.4501

2) If that is up to date, second reccomendation is to make sure your NVidia drivers are up to date and that the NVidia control panel is set to use the appropriate video card (Open the program -> Manage 3d Settings -> Preferred Graphics Processor)
    Make sure that is only applied to your games and any GPU intensive required applications.

3) Describe what you are doing when it gets black screens. I found a similar post about the Edge browser causing Intel Driver issues:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ng-Win-10-Edge