cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Spartha issues

Shinrai
Level 7
I came from the RAT9. Wireless mouse with hotswappable battery packs. The one thing I found annoying with the spartha is after hours of gaming or working the battery dies and I have to plug it in or take a break. Or if I forget to put it on it's stand at night I was screwed the next day.

To attempt to fix this issue I bought a 2nd Spartha. Got it all setup exactly like my first one. But then I noticed button clicks were not responding. Thought oh great I got a dud. After further testing though I found that it was actually due to 2 bases plugged in. When one is unplugged either mouse works perfect.

The reason I have two bases is I was unable to pair 2 mouses to the same base. Not to mention for whatever reason the magnets on each mouse are positioned differently. So now I have a 200$ paper weight?

Plas fix asap Asus.
2 REPLIES 2

Bahz
Level 12
I'll definitely pass this information over to our peripherals team to look into. Thanks for reporting this.

Bahz
Level 12
I just wanted to update you after I had discussion with our engineers that this is a technological limitation that no one else is able to do due to the high polling rates for the product so it's not possible to connect two bases to a system because it exceeds the possible bandwidth a system is able to handle. The design of the bases are one to one pairing so it wasn't designed to be able to pair 2 devices to it at the same time, if it did then other RF devices may cause interference with the Spatha. Since you purchased two in order for longer gaming sessions so if one runs out of battery you can pair the other Spatha. I know it's definitely an inconvenience because there's downtime between those actions, however currently there's nothing we can do on the software or firmware side which can achieve what you hope to do. Our engineers have already reviewed the feedback and will put into consideration for the future and possibly find a workaround solution for future products.