cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G20AJ Slowed down - FPS drops in games - Help needed [solved]

a100
Level 8
Hey guys, back again 🙂

Last night something bad happened. My G20Aj started slowing down. whenever the PC goes under pressure in games fps drops and slows down.

I checked hardwares and all passed:

-CPU i7-4790 : Tested with Intel CPU Test app and all passed
-GPU GTX980 Ti : tested with furmark with stress test Temps stayed at 70C max and fps was on 161 avg. (I`ve set a 600w green PC PSU directly for the gpu so it never has any power issues and been working brilliantly in the past few months)
-RAM 2x 8g DIMM 1600 MHZ : tested with Windows Memory Diagnostic tool and no errors found
- Hard Disk Samsung 850 EVO 500g SSD : Tested with HDD Health and all passed over 300 megabytes read and write speed. "Health OK" said the tool.

But the moment I go into the games like Dragon Age Inquisition and Battlefield 4 it starts freezing and lagging.

Interesting thing : when the game loads, it takes longer than before, when for instance Dragon Age loads into the game, terrain and texture of the game load slowly. Also whenever the autosaving icon shows it lags but once everything is loaded games goes smoothly. The moment I try to go some where else that its element arent loaded it lags again.
Anyone has any ideas?

Can this be System PSU?
1 REPLY 1

a100
Level 8
Hih 🙂 I got it fixed.

For some reason my bios got reset the other night, so I forgot to load Optimized Bios Settings. Also windows Power Options settings were changed, dont know why and it was on power saving, I changed it to High Performance.

Now all is good as before.