cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Video freezes Maximus V III Hero

Adrian1976
Level 10
Getting really weird video freezes playing back online video (youtube etc) When playing a video the video every now and again hiccups and freezes while the audio is still playing, Also can replicate it even worse by moving around my usb wireless mouse pointer over buttons and captions etc in the youtube window and it freezes even more, Sounds like usb is conflicting with pcie port or bandwidth or something weird, Really annoying coming from an i7 3770K Asus P8Z77-V setup which was flawless to this I76700k Maximus VIII hero weird issues which should be a thing of the past,

Spec
Windows 10 Pro 1607 X64
I7 6700K @ 4.7 @ 1.35V
2 X 8GB Corsair Cas 14 DDR4 2400
GTX 980 TI
13 REPLIES 13

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Does this happen at stock defaults? And are you using a fresh OS installation?

Yes it's a fresh install and have tried everything at stock also.

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
And have you tested with other browsers? Also list all the USB devices you have connected to your system.

1 Wireless mouse and keyboard Logitech, which I've never needed to install drivers for, they just work. Haven't tried other browsers yet, it's a fresh install so didn't want to start installing stuff willy nilly, incidently just tried Microsoft edge and it does it there too.

Well,

I rather would think this issue is NVIDIA-related.
Appearently they got a lot of issues with their drivers recently. I'm in the same spot with my GTX750TI. Hangs, crashes,...
especially when using a browser.
The Internet is full of these issue reports - with hints to optimise.
But - the real fix would be NVIDIA getting their **** right !

smartie wrote:
Well,

I rather would think this issue is NVIDIA-related.
Appearently they got a lot of issues with their drivers recently. I'm in the same spot with my GTX750TI. Hangs, crashes,...
especially when using a browser.
The Internet is full of these issue reports - with hints to optimise.
But - the real fix would be NVIDIA getting their **** right !

I think this also but somehow I also think this motherboards resources is conflicting somewhere.

Ok I've downloaded the video in full with WinX and played it through GOM player and it plays without hiccups or freezes when moving the mouse ?
So what does that tell me ? youtube player through the browser is knackered even though it used to work fine or the Nvidia drivers borked when using shockwave through a web browser ?

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Adrian1976

Maybe this will help you.

https://www.winxdvd.com/resource/fix-youtube-stop-freeze-pause.htm

Thanks will have a read through, beginning to think it's something conflicting with hardware resources or NVidia drivers