cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Tweak 2 Boost Clock

tbkizle
Level 7
ok doesnt seem right to me i get it going higher than boost with default because it tries to match all of the limits (temps voltage etc w.e.) but if i manually set a value its because i dont want it going higher?! Anyways that aside is there a way to make it not go higher? In some games the temp goes kinda high and while i think its still safe id rather it didnt?

Also when ever i change the boost clock the non-boost clock gpuz reports says lower then the default, so does lowering the boost lower the non-boost as well? I was trying to lower the boost to see if i could bring the boost down and therefore the temps but when ever i do this underclock that seems to be happening makes the system unstable.(Another reason why i think we should be able to change the boost and have it do what we want.) And changeing the boost should do just that not that and more. CPUs have the option to disable boost i know people have said nvidia said disableing is not gonna be a option or something like that but how about control?
6 REPLIES 6

Chino
Level 15
There are a few factory profiles in GPU Tweak II that you cna apply to your GPU. The Silent Mode should be the one with the least boost if that's what you're looking for. Or you can always manually underclock your GPU.

I guess i could do more testing but it seems everytime i try to "underclock" which is what the silent profile does..the system becomes unstable.

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
What kind of temperatures are you getting with the Silent profile?

Ok i had originally thought it was the underclock making windows unstable however it appears to be asus tweak. I was leaving it open before but now i just opened it changed profile then closed it quickly. Opening a standalone gpuz verifies it is in the silent mode.(reduced clocks)

In the silent profile it still goes up to 1110 boost clocks to it gets to ~78c still. Only different between silent and game modes is it just gets to around 78 wheres it tries to push the 80c temp limit(or "target") and clock higher in game mode.

I have been trying to PM @Bahz but i keep getting a access denied

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://rog.asus.com/forum/private.php?" on this server.
Reference #18.3d434e68.1474064261.16eeb15b

I was trying to PM a list of installed programs on the PC with the asus tweak issues. Well...here they are....

https://gist.github.com/doadin/467a1f983fa544518f529b515584f3f7 .

Bahz
Level 12
Sorry it appears there were some DDOS attacks over the past few days and some errors start occurring and eventually the server went down, everything should be working now.

Thank you for the additional details.