Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

I am not sure which is which but I have three here. Two of them are 64XXX and one is 117xxx. I don't know if the 117xxx is my primary or not. I would assume it is because the other two are in the same series of 64xxx and two have the yellowish tint.

I have basically decided if the RMA that is coming today has a yellow tint I am just going to refund all of them and go with the PG278Qs instead.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Janne-71 PC Specs
    Janne-71 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus rog maximus hero viii
    ProcessorIntel skylake i5 6600k @ 4.6ghz
    Memory (part number)g.skill tridentz 2x8gb 3200mhz
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte 980ti gaming g1
    MonitorAsus pg279q 144hz
    Storage #1Samsung evo 850 ssd 500gb
    Storage #2Western digital 1tb hdd
    CPU CoolerCooler master hyper 212 evo
    CasePhanteks enthoo evolv atx
    Power SupplySeasonic 760-p
    Keyboard Corsair k95 mechanical
    Mouse Logitech g502
    Headset Akg k550
    Mouse Pad Razer goliathus
    Headset/Speakers Logitech z623 200w
    OS Windows 10 home

Why not go with single ultrawide 34 inch like pg348q or acer predator instead of 3 1440p?

ROG Member Array

I did consider a 34inch option but I like the triple setup for gaming. The 34 inch will only goto 3440 and a triple setup can run out to 7680. I am still awaiting yet another RMA supposed to be here today. I have decided if this one is bad I am just going to get 3 278s and call it a day.

ROG Member Array

So the RMA came in. It is another G7 with last digits ending 64xxx. As you can see from the 5 I have had this one is worst of all. I thought the blue light was on but it was set to 0. I am going to return all of these and order a set of 278s. At least the TN panels are a known quality and technology. When I upgrade again in a few years the IPS should have all the kinks worked out.

ROG Member Array AngryAce PC Specs
    AngryAce PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Sager 9170
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Formula
    ProcessorIntel i9-9900-K
    Memory (part number)Corsair 3200mhz SE Blackout
    Graphics Card #1eVGA GTX 1080Ti HydroCopper SC2
    Sound CardSound Blaster AE-7
    MonitorAsus ROG 34" Ultra-Wide
    Storage #1Sabrent Rocket 2TB NVME
    CPU CoolerCorsair XC7
    CaseLian Li Dynamic
    Power SupplyeVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow X Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba Hyperflux
    Headset Sennheiser Game One
    Mouse Pad Razer Hyperflux
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64

These monitors are very expensive and should not be having these types of problems period. I just ordered one and will have it tomorrow from Newegg. With the luck I have been having with my new build, I am expecting a problem.... This will be my first IPS screen and I am not sure what to expect. Is the BLB issue people just being unreasonable if some is expected?

I purchased this monitor after watching some reviews over it but I wonder if the reviewers are sent cherry picked units to be sure these issues are not encountered as it is hard to believe people are having to RMA 3 to 5 times to get a decent one.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Crashcourse316 PC Specs
    Crashcourse316 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Z97 Wifi-Pro
    ProcessorI7-4790k
    Memory (part number)32GB G-Skills
    Graphics Card #1MSI GEFORCE® GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G
    MonitorPG279Q
    Storage #1Samsumg 951 Pro m.2 512GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100
    Power Supply1600W 80 Platinum
    OS Win10

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAce View Post
    These monitors are very expensive and should not be having these types of problems period. I just ordered one and will have it tomorrow from Newegg. With the luck I have been having with my new build, I am expecting a problem.... This will be my first IPS screen and I am not sure what to expect. Is the BLB issue people just being unreasonable if some is expected?

I purchased this monitor after watching some reviews over it but I wonder if the reviewers are sent cherry picked units to be sure these issues are not encountered as it is hard to believe people are having to RMA 3 to 5 times to get a decent one.

If you manage to get a unit without any of the crazy yellow tint issues in this thread, no dead pixels, and no firmware issue...then you can look at the BLB. You have to end up with a unit that doesn't have any of the 3 or 4 instant return issues to consider questioning the BLB. When your monitor shows up check everything. The BLB issue come in different degrees of severity but most of the monitors show BLB in 3 of the 4 corners, and on the ones people are complaining about its bad enough to see while your playing games that aren't even a completely dark screen. I would jsut play some games and see if you notice it at all. If you do a dark room test and take a picture, compare it to what other ones look like in the other threads. theres tons of pictures in them all. If your not sure what to think just post the picture on here and I'm sure everyone here will chime in with an opinion of keep it or RMA.
    I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
    MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
    If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Crashcourse316 View Post
    If you manage to get a unit without any of the crazy yellow tint issues in this thread, no dead pixels, and no firmware issue...then you can look at the BLB. You have to end up with a unit that doesn't have any of the 3 or 4 instant return issues to consider questioning the BLB. When your monitor shows up check everything. The BLB issue come in different degrees of severity but most of the monitors show BLB in 3 of the 4 corners, and on the ones people are complaining about its bad enough to see while your playing games that aren't even a completely dark screen. I would jsut play some games and see if you notice it at all. If you do a dark room test and take a picture, compare it to what other ones look like in the other threads. theres tons of pictures in them all. If your not sure what to think just post the picture on here and I'm sure everyone here will chime in with an opinion of keep it or RMA.
    Well said, it is sad we have to jump through so many hoops. While my monitor passed the pixels, BLB, yellow screen it had the old firmware. Being a perfect screen it wasn't worth it to me to play the lottery again. Honestly the vertical line happens so rarely it's not worth fretting over. A simple alt-tab or on off fixes it. Not ideal for 799 monitor but I've been through hell with the 279 series I'm not going through it again.

ROG Member Array AngryAce PC Specs
    AngryAce PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Sager 9170
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Formula
    ProcessorIntel i9-9900-K
    Memory (part number)Corsair 3200mhz SE Blackout
    Graphics Card #1eVGA GTX 1080Ti HydroCopper SC2
    Sound CardSound Blaster AE-7
    MonitorAsus ROG 34" Ultra-Wide
    Storage #1Sabrent Rocket 2TB NVME
    CPU CoolerCorsair XC7
    CaseLian Li Dynamic
    Power SupplyeVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow X Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba Hyperflux
    Headset Sennheiser Game One
    Mouse Pad Razer Hyperflux
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64

Quote Originally Posted by Crashcourse316 View Post
    Thanks! It arrived this morning but I'm a Registered Nurse and work the night shift 6pm to 6am.. so I was only able to mess with it a few hours between waking up and having to get ready for work. I didn't notice any yellow tinting, dead pixels or the firmware issue and it took me a bit to realize I needed to use display port in order to get g-sync to work and overclock the panel...lol

I'll mess with it some more this weekend and check out the BLB. I have the perfect room for it too. I need complete darkness to sleep properly during the day so I had to ultimately go trailer park and put tin foil on my windows... it is pitch black in there

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Crashcourse316 PC Specs
    Crashcourse316 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Z97 Wifi-Pro
    ProcessorI7-4790k
    Memory (part number)32GB G-Skills
    Graphics Card #1MSI GEFORCE® GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G
    MonitorPG279Q
    Storage #1Samsumg 951 Pro m.2 512GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100
    Power Supply1600W 80 Platinum
    OS Win10

As some others have said, as soon as you get a pretty good one with just a single issue that's not critical you basically are forced to keep it because the number of displays that are worse than what you received. The display as a whole is amazing. Color, frame rate, g-sync, osd, the stand, its all a great product and totally worth every penny as long as you get one that is not defective.
    I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
    MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
    If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Legolas PC Specs
    Legolas PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Hero Wifi AC
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 8600k oc 5Ghz
    Memory (part number)Samsung DDR4 16GB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS NVIDIA GTX 1080
    MonitorASUS MS246
    Storage #1Samsung MZVPV256
    Storage #2Samsung MZVPV256
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110I v2
    Power SupplyPC 1200W Turbo-Cool 1200
    Keyboard ASUS SK2045

Did you guys try to calibrate the color temp / brightness and contrast in OSD to match your own preferences?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast