Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    ROG Member Array

This is what I did for calibration.

1. OSD tried various recommended settings from websites and tried to just eyeball it
    2. Used various software like Gamma Correction, and WIN 10 calibration
    3. Bought a professional level ColorImeter and used that to calibrate
    4. Tried different HDMI as well as Port Display Cables
    5. Tried different power supplies
    6. Tried different ports on my video card
    7. Tried having different ones set as the primary screen
    8. Tried them on a non NVidia video card

None of them got rid of the yellow tint.

The 278s I got in are fantastic. A very slight color difference in the three but nothing I really noticed after a day or two. No dead pixels or BLB issues. They were all a bit red and bright on factory settings after a quick OSD adjustment they are perfect. I really wanted to love the 279s but after seeing 1 out of 6 was good I just gave up on them.

I am sure if I saw an IPS next to a TN I would see the difference but I can't tell any difference in the 278s vs 279s.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Janne-71 PC Specs
    Janne-71 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus rog maximus hero viii
    ProcessorIntel skylake i5 6600k @ 4.6ghz
    Memory (part number)g.skill tridentz 2x8gb 3200mhz
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte 980ti gaming g1
    MonitorAsus pg279q 144hz
    Storage #1Samsung evo 850 ssd 500gb
    Storage #2Western digital 1tb hdd
    CPU CoolerCooler master hyper 212 evo
    CasePhanteks enthoo evolv atx
    Power SupplySeasonic 760-p
    Keyboard Corsair k95 mechanical
    Mouse Logitech g502
    Headset Akg k550
    Mouse Pad Razer goliathus
    Headset/Speakers Logitech z623 200w
    OS Windows 10 home

Quote Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
    Did you guys try to calibrate the color temp / brightness and contrast in OSD to match your own preferences?
    I used a color profile i found from some monitor site, and set brightness and contrast and rgb colors according to that. Also i had to set Windows use the color profile. I think it made the colors a bit darker. deeper. I like it.It was this site actually you can download the profile there http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/icc_profiles.htm

On sidenote i never had that yellow tint in 2 of mine(1 rma because of dead pixel), not a sign of it. Some blb in right upper corner in my current one not bad at all.
    Last edited by Janne-71; 09-23-2016 at 06:25 PM.

ROG Member Array AngryAce PC Specs
    AngryAce PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Sager 9170
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Formula
    ProcessorIntel i9-9900-K
    Memory (part number)Corsair 3200mhz SE Blackout
    Graphics Card #1eVGA GTX 1080Ti HydroCopper SC2
    Sound CardSound Blaster AE-7
    MonitorAsus ROG 34" Ultra-Wide
    Storage #1Sabrent Rocket 2TB NVME
    CPU CoolerCorsair XC7
    CaseLian Li Dynamic
    Power SupplyeVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow X Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba Hyperflux
    Headset Sennheiser Game One
    Mouse Pad Razer Hyperflux
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64

Quote Originally Posted by Crashcourse316 View Post
    As some others have said, as soon as you get a pretty good one with just a single issue that's not critical you basically are forced to keep it because the number of displays that are worse than what you received. The display as a whole is amazing. Color, frame rate, g-sync, osd, the stand, its all a great product and totally worth every penny as long as you get one that is not defective.
    I am kinda on the fence with that statement. We are not talking about a 150 to $200 monitor. This thing costs $800 so the panel should be perfect along with everything else. I shouldn't have to settle for good enough. if the technology isn't there yet to give a panel with minimal to no BLB, then shame on me for buying it.

So far, I have noticed BLB on mine and it seems to have improved a bit since the monitors been use but it is noticeable in a lit room as is. I took a photo of it but it seemed to show it worse than it is... I will take another and make a new post for opinions. Other than that, everything else is great.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Crashcourse316 PC Specs
    Crashcourse316 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Z97 Wifi-Pro
    ProcessorI7-4790k
    Memory (part number)32GB G-Skills
    Graphics Card #1MSI GEFORCE® GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G
    MonitorPG279Q
    Storage #1Samsumg 951 Pro m.2 512GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100
    Power Supply1600W 80 Platinum
    OS Win10

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAce View Post
    I am kinda on the fence with that statement. We are not talking about a 150 to $200 monitor. This thing costs $800 so the panel should be perfect along with everything else. I shouldn't have to settle for good enough. if the technology isn't there yet to give a panel with minimal to no BLB, then shame on me for buying it.

So far, I have noticed BLB on mine and it seems to have improved a bit since the monitors been use but it is noticeable in a lit room as is. I took a photo of it but it seemed to show it worse than it is... I will take another and make a new post for opinions. Other than that, everything else is great.
    So I have looked closely at mine since the purchase and I can see OBVIOUS improvement over what it was when I first opened it out of the box. The yellow tint I had in the top half/left quarter of the screen is completely non-perceivable now. That makes me believe that a certain amount of the yellow tint is cause by pressure in the packaging of the product. The back light bleed is somewhat better as the more minor bleeding is basically gone and the more serious bleed that was at like a 5 out of 10 (of the monitor i had) has now gone down a little to like a 2 or 3. Still like the monitor, its amazing, I'm ready to play some gears of war 4 on it tonight. see how well the 1080 handle it at 1440p.
    I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
    MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4