cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New G752VS owner, need a bag and some tips

Buggsy
Level 7
Hi all. I recently purchased a new G752VS, and I'm loving it. However, I do have some questions.
As far as a 17" laptop goes, this is probably the biggest "17" there is. My currently 17" bag isn't big enough. This laptop does just barely fit in width wise, but depth wise it's probable 2 inches too deep. Any suggestions on a laptop bag that works? I don't really want just a sleeve, but a cross-body style bag. I don't travel a ton, but I have a metered internet connection so I do take my laptop once a month to somewhere with WiFi for patching.

The speakers are pretty crappy, even for a laptop. I honestly don't care much at all since I wear headphones for gaming, but is there anything to improve it a bit for things like Skype? I didn't really find any sort of equalizer program to adjust any part of the sound.

Is there a program from Asus to manage the fan speed? The only time I really want something like this is when I want to shutdown/suspend the laptop right after a long session of gaming. If I can run the fans on high for a minute, I feel better about shutting it down knowing that it's not heat soaked.

My PSU will pop the GFCI outlet every time. At first, I plugged my new laptop in the kitchen to watch it do the setup thing while I made lunch. As long as this PSU is plugged into a GFCI outlet, it will pop instantly. You might think "just don't plug it into the kitchen", well it still pops that GCFI even when I'm in the near-by living room. However, it only pops that kitchen GFCI when I plug my laptop in in the living room outlet, but I can at least reset the outlet after that. The hardest part here is that these are 100% different circuits. They do, along with all other circuits in the house, share the same ground and neutral rails. It's concerning for me. I was thinking of opening a ticket for this. My assumption is that it's trying to auto-sense the voltage 110 or 220, and briefly must leak some current to the neutral side.

Any other tips you all can give about this laptop, or Asus in general? I mean like I keep finding like things installed on my laptop that I didn't know came with. I did download the manual though since manufactures no long want to print them.

Thanks everyone. I'm very pleased with this laptop, and I'm hoping to make it last a little long than my usual 3 year cycle of new laptops.

UPDATE: I went with this bag. Works great.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IMXFJTI
17 REPLIES 17

Simao
Level 7
Hi. Im interested in this model. Can you please just answer me two questions?
First, what is your temps, CPU and GPU while gaming with "extreme mode" in gaming conter?
Second, if you clock manually the CPU in gaming center to 4.0 GHz, what are your temps in gaming?
Thanks

Simao wrote:
Hi. Im interested in this model. Can you please just answer me two questions?
First, what is your temps, CPU and GPU while gaming with "extreme mode" in gaming conter?
Second, if you clock manually the CPU in gaming center to 4.0 GHz, what are your temps in gaming?
Thanks

I haven't really paid attention to the temps yet, sorry. I didn't care much as so far the keyboard is still cool and the exhaust isn't that hot and the fans are not hitting high speed.

As for the overclocking, I do not have the OC edition. I don't think I could get much out of my CPU (6700HQ) with it being locked. And if I'm really honest, I'll withhold overclocking until I need it. I still tend to overclock my desktop PCs as much as they'll take, but I'm not looking to push a laptop. Right now, I get 50-75 FPS with Ultra settings. I won't feel the need to try overclocking either the CPU or the GPU until one of them is really a hindrance and can't keep up with the FPS. Until then, I'm not goign to run the system harder than it has to. On a desktop, I don't care. I can swap HSF or just replace something that failed, but this laptop is too expensive for me to take that risk so early on.

So far, I've only really fired up Batman: Arkham Knight and I'm really only playing Watch Dogs: Bad Blood. I never paid for Bad Blood, but I just noticed it in my Steam Catalog. Maybe a friend gave me a gift copy or something, so I've gone back and I'm finishing that.

Hi Guys

I just bought the g752vs-rb71 version , also I put in a Intel 600p 512Gb SSD in it and formatted it.
For the bag I had my old G75V Bag which use to come along with it. And the laptop fit in perfectly, that was a big relief for me.
As I didn't wanted to carry these Big bags asus offer these days. Picture in attachment , this would be the perfect bag for your new G752VS if you can find it anywhere.
Also It runs a bit hot then my OLD G75VW, while on my lap I can feel its warming quite a bit at the bottom as this one got a see through plastic.
The temp while gaming reaches upto 66 C for Processor and 50-55 C for the GTX 1070.

Also I haven't put on any asus applications on it either, just basic chipset, video, sound and keyboard drivers.
When I opened the box and let it install the windows itself with all the bloatware, it was running quite hot even ideal with all those background processes.
But as soon as I reformatted , its running very cool on ideal. Only 44 C for Processor and 40 for GPU.

Thanx

Thanks for the bag idea. I'm not too sure how I'll find that. I was annoyed that Asus didn't seem to sell anything themselves for it. Maybe I just overlooked it.

Let me return the favor and suggest this laptop cooler. If you want to run it on your lap, this does a good job of keeping a buffer zone. Though it does look a little small now with this beasty laptop on it, the laptop cooler still does it's job.

https://www.amazon.com/Targus-Chill-Laptop-Black-AWE55US/dp/B002NU5O9C

Buggsy wrote:
Thanks for the bag idea. I'm not too sure how I'll find that. I was annoyed that Asus didn't seem to sell anything themselves for it. Maybe I just overlooked it.

Let me return the favor and suggest this laptop cooler. If you want to run it on your lap, this does a good job of keeping a buffer zone. Though it does look a little small now with this beasty laptop on it, the laptop cooler still does it's job.

https://www.amazon.com/Targus-Chill-Laptop-Black-AWE55US/dp/B002NU5O9C

Thank you for the cooler suggestion , I will check it out.
Also todays screenshot while copying 100GB+ data.

I haven't been able to find one bag that this would fit in. 😞 Even most bags for an 18" laptop only accommodate a laptop that is >12.5 inches deep. I'm moving onto simple school bags regardless of padding now, hoping to find something that will just work. I can always buy padding or neoprene and may my own sleeve.

I did like the idea of the ROG bags, but none on the Asus website seemed large enough. I found a couple of ROG bags on ebay that probably would have worked, but $100-$150 is a lot to gamble on a bag.

I take it back a bit. I just hit on an idea. I was looking generically speaking for 18" laptop bags. I realize that of the biggest laptops, they really measure 18.4" inches. That opened up new search results for a few bags and backpacks that, so far, look to be just big enough. I'll post on whatever I decide in case anyone else cares.

Buggsy wrote:
I take it back a bit. I just hit on an idea. I was looking generically speaking for 18" laptop bags. I realize that of the biggest laptops, they really measure 18.4" inches. That opened up new search results for a few bags and backpacks that, so far, look to be just big enough. I'll post on whatever I decide in case anyone else cares.

Hey Buggsy

Below is the website for the bag I have. Its just $25.

http://www.dhgate.com/product/the-new-asus-asus-shoulders-sports-bag-computer/245210117.html

If you want I can post some pictures of my bag and how it fits.

volors wrote:
Hey Buggsy

Below is the website for the bag I have. Its just $25.

http://www.dhgate.com/product/the-new-asus-asus-shoulders-sports-bag-computer/245210117.html

If you want I can post some pictures of my bag and how it fits.

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't really need pics if you are sure an ~19" X 13" x 2" laptop will fit. Is this where you bought it from? I'm slightly concern about things like security; the website looks a bit sketchy to me.

Otherwise, this is what I was eyeing up. I only need it like once a month when I take my laptop to work to get patches/updates, and the random work trip where I'm gone for a while.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IMXFJTI