Mouse Saitek MAD CATZ R.A.T. 7
    Headset Asus ROG Orion
    Mouse Pad Steel Series PAD
    Headset/Speakers Genius Home Theather SW 5.1
    OS MS Windows 8.1 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-N18U
    Accessory #1 Zalman ZM-MFC3 FAN/TEMP CONTROLLER

NEW SW version?

Hello Bahz, the I can get critical update in atuo update utility in Armoury but I won´t install. Is it some sort of update issue? Can you provide some info, thank you.

ROG Member Array

Hello,

I'm from Germany. I placed the order for my ROG Claymore in early april. Since then, I've been waiting for it to be delivered. The availability date was delayed and delayed, first June, then July, now Octobre. ROG support on Facebook was no help, sales support also could not help and only told me that the supply does not match the demand and that it is not sure for Germany whether and when the product might become available again. They also said there is no new revision.

So my question is, can you please tell me what is the current state with the Claymore, esp. in Germany? What happened in the last months where the keyboard was not available and can I still hope to get one in Germany some day?

Best regards

Stefan

ROG Junior Member Array

Hey Stefan,

I'm waiting for the Claymore with Browns in Germany and can at least tell you what happened so far...
    The Core variant of Reds and Browns was available at the beginning of the year (when you ordered... the numpad was delayed for extra development) and was quickly sold out. A lot were returned as there was a production failure which caused some switches to be deformed and malfunction, which led to ASUS limiting or stopping production. Due to the the amount of reclamations, it was no longer sold by a few stores.
    The production issue was not solved by June, which was the month the sales support told me the device would resurface, if I remember correctly. Somewhere between the end of June and the end of July, the production issue must have been solved and it is being stocked up (in a few countries, i guess). Mindfactory had the full Red Claymore listed as 'ordered for 31. Aug. 2017' and Media Markt reported they placed orders for the Black variant (which, for whatever reason, the sales guy expected to be Browns) which should arrive soon-ish, matching what Mindfactory reported.

This is just another example of how much ASUS is incapable of properly assuring the quality of their products. This is not an offense to those testing them, though more to the upper management that does not seem to take any steps (increasing standards, hiring more testers, ...) to get those issues under control. Look at the PG279Q, the Spartha, the RAID DLX, their 7.1 headset and finally this keyboard... I would love to stop buying ASUS products as their QA is beyond horrible, though the sad truth is that there is barely any competition and the ideas behind their products are usually high-end and at times innovative.
    The support is terrible as well, which I do not blame on the helpful people like Bahz who spend their time here, though again, on the management not seeing any need to have more than a handful of people who are actually helpful (is there any other ASUS support here except for Bahz?). With products in this price class, having a bunch of Bahz' in the forum should not be a huge problem.

Anyway, if you 'have time' (which you seem to as you ordered in April), then wait on. If you're in a hurry but still really want the keyboard, wait and see if the stock is at least partially back up by the beginning of September (Mindfactory, somewhat Media Markt and Bahz privately confirmed planned shipments around that time). I'll wait till October at most, I guess, except for if there is a good reason to wait even longer.

Regards.

New ROGer Array lazoli PC Specs
    lazoli PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus X299 E-Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 7820X
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB LED 32GB (CMR32GX4M4C3000C15)
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG287Q
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Evo
    Storage #2Samsung 960 Evo
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U12S
    CaseCorsair 570X RGB
    Power SupplySeaSonic Platinum PLATINUM-860 SS-860XP2
    Keyboard Asus Claymore Core
    Mouse Asus Gladius II
    Headset Sennheiser Game Zero
    Mouse Pad Asus Sheath
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Accessory #1 Xbox One Controller
    Accessory #2 CableMod Addressable RGB Strip x2

First post. I've been reading about some issues people are having with some of the products. I just want to make sure I download the right software. I already have the Aura 1.05.16 installed on my Asus X299 E-Gaming motherboard which I believe is the latest. I just bought a claymore core keyboard from Frys electronics and so far everything is working fine granted I don't have any Armoury installed on my system yet. My question is, which version should I download? As I said I have the claymore core and also Gladius II mouse. The Claymore(not core) has a newer version Armoury software listed on the website. Should I be dowloading that one because it's the latest?

Armoury versions I have found:

Claymore--> 1.02.14
    Claymore Core--> 1.01.27
    Gladius II-->1.02.07

Thank you.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    If the key is binded with a macro by accident, you can remove the macro by doing the following:

*To delete the assigned macro follow these steps:
    Step one: Press Fn + R-Alt
    Step two: Press the key you want to remove the macro from

Step three: Fn + R-Alt
    Step four: Press the key you want to remove the macro from.

Example: if you had set a macro key to the q key and want to remove it, press Fn + R-Alt -> press q once -> Fn + R-Alt -> press q again
    Thank you very much!

ROG Member Array

I got problem with this ROG Claymore . Whenever Im in game especially Dota 2 , when I hold leader board button,it will act like im spamming the key. Actually im just holding the key instead of spamming. But the reaction of the leader board goes like im spamming the key . Also the other key like Caps lock,when im holding the Caps Lock key,it goes like im spamming the key. When i try with other keyboard,it was not happening like that . Any idea ?

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Brighttail View Post
    This is only for the Claymore? I'm assuming there is nothing in the Armoury software for the Spatha that is new? If there is I can beta test. I do not have a Claymore.
    Yes, this is just for the Claymore as it was created for the Claymore and untested with other products.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by stna1981 View Post
    Hello,

I'm from Germany. I placed the order for my ROG Claymore in early april. Since then, I've been waiting for it to be delivered. The availability date was delayed and delayed, first June, then July, now Octobre. ROG support on Facebook was no help, sales support also could not help and only told me that the supply does not match the demand and that it is not sure for Germany whether and when the product might become available again. They also said there is no new revision.

So my question is, can you please tell me what is the current state with the Claymore, esp. in Germany? What happened in the last months where the keyboard was not available and can I still hope to get one in Germany some day?

Best regards

Stefan
    It isn't exactly a new revision, it's more so they fixed the packaging issue that was causing the switches to deform so they just re-releasing the same version but should no longer be having the same issues as before. From what I know is that most of the stock is being shipped out around mid to late Aug so it should be available in most countries around late Aug or early September.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbet45 View Post
    I got problem with this ROG Claymore . Whenever Im in game especially Dota 2 , when I hold leader board button,it will act like im spamming the key. Actually im just holding the key instead of spamming. But the reaction of the leader board goes like im spamming the key . Also the other key like Caps lock,when im holding the Caps Lock key,it goes like im spamming the key. When i try with other keyboard,it was not happening like that . Any idea ?
    Sorry I don't really understand what you mean, it sounds very confusing. It sounds like the key is supposed to repeat/loop when held down but it's not but the screen is showing that it is? Yes, your post is very confusing. Try using Fn + F1-F4 keys to change the repeat rate.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by lazoli View Post
    First post. I've been reading about some issues people are having with some of the products. I just want to make sure I download the right software. I already have the Aura 1.05.16 installed on my Asus X299 E-Gaming motherboard which I believe is the latest. I just bought a claymore core keyboard from Frys electronics and so far everything is working fine granted I don't have any Armoury installed on my system yet. My question is, which version should I download? As I said I have the claymore core and also Gladius II mouse. The Claymore(not core) has a newer version Armoury software listed on the website. Should I be dowloading that one because it's the latest?

Armoury versions I have found:

Claymore--> 1.02.14
    Claymore Core--> 1.01.27
    Gladius II-->1.02.07

Thank you.
    Yes, you should download the Claymore version.

Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast