Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: ROG Claymore

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback, I'll pass along all the feedback to our peripheral team. I had a few retail version keyboards here and I played around with 2 of them and I didn't notice the chattering or unresponsive keys. Nonetheless, the QC part needs to be improved and I'll definitely get them to highlight these issues.

I recommend that if you're experiencing any of the issues mentioned in this thread which don't have an actual solution to return it for replacement as it shouldn't be having any of these issues.

We're also trying to improve our Armoury software as currently there are some bugs that we narrowing down on. It's always best to download the latest software version directly from the website as the older Armoury versions had issues when updating to the latest version from within the software.
    Too bad for me that I live in Greece and bought the keyboard from the UKs because I couldn't wait for it to be released in Greece... Incase I return it, it will take ages for the new one to arrive. >.<

ROG Enthusiast Array

Help please, my Claymore Brown won't work...?

Problem: I have a new Claymore-Brown keyboard with the latest version of Armory installed. The software shows the keyboard icon in the lower left corner, but I can't see any profiles or settings in the menus. Also, the keyboard is getting power but does not work for typing. Unplugging the keyboard and reinstalling the software does not help. Also, my ROG Gladius mouse is connected and works fine with the Armory software.

Background: I originally purchased a new Claymore-Red directly from Amazon. It worked fine and did update the firmware when it was first connected. I returned the RED version in exchange for a new BROWN version. I did not uninstall the Armory software before I connected the BROWN keyboard. It did not notify me of a firmware update like the RED one did. I've also noticed that the lights only come on for the keyboard at first, but not the 10-key bond. After a few minutes, the keypad will then light up but does not work.

SOLVED: I was able to get this to work by removing and uninstalling everything. I then connected the old keyboard and rebooted. That must have reset something because I was then able to connect the mouse and new keyboard, install the software and it then updated the firmware. It seems to be working fine but I do get the occasional repeated keys with S and T.
    Last edited by Slick8791; 02-17-2017 at 11:40 PM.

ROG Member Array Uzerk PC Specs
    Uzerk PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage IV Black Edition
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 4930K
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX3M4A2133C9
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC
    Monitor2x Dell U2414H
    Storage #1Samsung 830 256GB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 800D
    Power SupplyCoolerMaster V1000
    Keyboard ASUS ROG Claymore
    Mouse ASUS ROG Spatha
    Headset Kingston HyperX Cloud
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterUbiquiti USG / UniFi AP AC Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    We're also trying to improve our Armoury software as currently there are some bugs that we narrowing down on. It's always best to download the latest software version directly from the website as the older Armoury versions had issues when updating to the latest version from within the software.
    About that, why don't you guys have a software section on your site. Say I want to download the latest version of ROG Armoury.
    If I go to ROG Claymore Core > Support > Driver & Tools, it says that 1.01.21 is the latest.
    If I check the same list on ROG Claymore, there we have 1.01.27.
    And on your new Mice, ROG Gladius II we have 1.01.29....

Can we please have a software section so we don't have to hunt down the latest software version.

And yes, before I installed 1.01.29 I was on 1.01.27 and checked from inside the Armoury software for an update.

edit: Yeah I know that the only difference on these versions probably is hardware support, but still.
    Last edited by Uzerk; 02-17-2017 at 07:15 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Shooshi0127 View Post
    I'm on my 3rd cherry mx brown version of the claymore. All of them seem to be having similar problems. Either the keys are unresponsive unless you really force the press or they are chattering (hitting twice) on a single press. I've notice that I can get the keys to respond better if i rapidly press that key for a good minute. Almost like breaking it in. Still haven't found a fix for the chattering keys. Mine is "i" and "p". I'm very close to returning and going with a corsair k65 or a razer blackwidow te
    Same experience with my Brown Claymore. *"S" and "T" chatter but the "7" and "+" on the number pad was totally unresponsive. But, they started to work after I kept pressing the keys down repeatedly for a few minutes. *

Now I'm totally confused if I should exchange it for a new one or hold out for a firmware update...?*

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Slick8791 View Post
    Same experience with my Brown Claymore. *"S" and "T" chatter but the "7" and "+" on the number pad was totally unresponsive. But, they started to work after I kept pressing the keys down repeatedly for a few minutes. *

Now I'm totally confused if I should exchange it for a new one or hold out for a firmware update...?*
    I've exchanged it for a brand new one and still have the same problem. At this point, it's pretty much confirmed to be a firmware issue. If it's the case, exchanging it is just a waste of time as you'll still get the same problem. Right now, the temporary solution that works for me for the unresponsive keys is to try to keep reloading the keyboard via the rog armoury software (just click the save button, then try the unresponsive keys again). Another way is switch profile.

It solves some unresponsive keys for me, though not all of it. Also, after a few days of use, the chattering keys are getting lesser. Not sure why, hopefully it gets better as the days pass. You can go back a page where I posted a more detailed findings about the problems of this keyboard.
    Last edited by WLiao-`; 02-18-2017 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Spelling error.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by WLiao-` View Post
    I've exchanged it for a brand new one and still have the same problem. At this point, it's pretty much confirmed to be a firmware issue. If it's the case, exchanging it is just a waste of time as you'll still get the same problem. Right now, the temporary solution that works for me for the unresponsive keys is to try to keep reloading the keyboard via the rog armoury software (just click the save button, then try the unresponsive keys again). Another way is switch profile.

It solves some unresponsive keys for me, though not all of it. Also, after a few days of use, the chattering keys are getting lesser. Not sure why, hopefully it gets better as the days pass. You can go back a page where I posted a more detailed findings about the problems of this keyboard.
    Thanks for the feedback as I really didn't want to do an exchange again. *That helped ease my mind that at least the hardware wasn't defective.

ROG Member Array

It's been a crazy ride everyone! But I can't convince myself at this point to keep this keyboard knowing that I paid 250 and having this many problems. I bought a k70 rgb for 130 and it was smooth sailing right from the start. Thank you for everyone's feedback. At least I knew I wasn't alone in all of this.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Brighttail PC Specs
    Brighttail PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G751JT
    MotherboardAsus x299 Rampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9-7900x
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum SE 3200Mhz 4x8
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 1080TI
    MonitorAcer XB321HK (4k,IPS,G-sync)
    Storage #1Intel 900p (Boot) 2xSM961 (RAID 0) Games
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro 512GB - WD Black 4TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Water Cool
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair Platinum 95
    Mouse Asus SPATHA
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800
    Headset/Speakers Kanyo Y5
    OS Windows 10 64 bit
    Accessory #1 2 x Alphacool Full Copper Radiator 420mm/280mm
    Accessory #2 Monsoon MMRS reservoir w/ 2 x D5 Vario Pump
    Accessory #3 Monsoon Free Center Compression Fittings

Well the Claymore and Claymore Core has come to Canada.
    The Core is $233.61
    The Claymore is $352.36.

Seriously? I thought maybe a misprint or a place holder but nope the price listed above was the cheaper of the three and you can pre-order it.
    The Corsair K95 Platinum is $259!
    So I'm trying to figure out what makes this keyboard so worth the price tag?
    Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator Platinum SE 4x8 3200MHz
    MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p in a bootable VROC RAID 0 / Samsung 960 Pro 512GB
    Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD
    Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Spatha
    Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Shooshi0127 View Post
    It's been a crazy ride everyone! But I can't convince myself at this point to keep this keyboard knowing that I paid 250 and having this many problems. I bought a k70 rgb for 130 and it was smooth sailing right from the start. Thank you for everyone's feedback. At least I knew I wasn't alone in all of this.
    I completely understand! *I was fortunate to have gathered $200 worth of Amazon.com gift cards from Christmas. *That's the only reason I made the purchase. *No way I would have paid $250 USD for something this buggy.

Ex-employee Array

We apologize for all the inconveniences caused, we're working on fixing up all the issues as soon as possible. The Claymore is a very important product for us and we're working as quickly as we can to make sure we address all the issues experienced as soon as possible. We believe with all the amazing feedback from our community we'll be able to work towards improving our products and developing even better products in the future.

We want to become the best but it's a learning process for us as we didn't start out with peripheral products but it's a goal for us to try and become the best peripheral manufacturer.
    Last edited by Bahz; 02-20-2017 at 01:28 AM.

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast