Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: ROG Claymore

ROG Enthusiast Array g_rowell PC Specs
    g_rowell PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero Motherboard
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 7700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4
    Graphics Card #1ROG-POSEIDON-GTX1080TI-P11G-GAMING
    Graphics Card #2ROG-POSEIDON-GTX1080TI-P11G-GAMING
    Graphics Card #3ASUS ROG SLI HB Bridge - 3 Slot
    Sound CardROG Strix Magnus
    MonitorASUS ROG PG278Q x 2
    Storage #1Team T-Force Delta RGB 2.5in SATA SSD 250GB Black x 2
    Storage #2Western Digital WD Black 2TB x2
    CPU CoolerASUS ROG RYUJIN 240
    CaseIN WIN 805i Infinity ROG certified Case
    Power SupplyASUS ROG-THOR-1200P
    Keyboard ASUS ROG Strix Flare Mechanical RGB Keyboard - Cherry Red
    Mouse ASUS ROG Spatha RGB Wireless
    Headset ASUS ROG Strix Fusion 700 Gaming Headset
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Balteus Qi
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A2+ , Audioengine S8 & Audioengine D1
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 x2
    Accessory #1 ROG Aura Terminal
    Accessory #2 Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB SSD x2
    Accessory #3 ASUS PCE-AC68 Dual Band Wireless AC1900

Quote Originally Posted by WLiao-` View Post
    I made a video that showed this. Quality not so good, not sure you can see it.

Here's the image.

http://i.imgur.com/aEUBz65.png

Note that I only have claymore and not the mouse. I just downloaded straight from the website version 27 then the software just updated my keyboard to 1.06
    well when i click firmware update all I get is, your software is up to date, if your at 1.06.00 then clearly its not up to date.

tell me can you unplug your keyboard from the USB and then plug it back in and it works or does it say device not recognized with windows?
    Does your keyboard always wake when the computer wakes from sleep or does it occasionally not wake up and you physically have to reboot the computer

other than those issues keyboard great
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos armoury.JPG  

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by g_rowell View Post
    well when i click firmware update all I get is, your software is up to date, if your at 1.06.00 then clearly its not up to date.

tell me can you unplug your keyboard from the USB and then plug it back in and it works or does it say device not recognized with windows?
    Does your keyboard always wake when the computer wakes from sleep or does it occasionally not wake up and you physically have to reboot the computer

other than those issues keyboard great
    My keyboard has many issues but none of them are those you're experience. You can try manually downloading version 27 from the website. If not you'll have to rma it. My side told me the next batch is coming April and that is best i wait for that batch before changing the keyboard.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Crasje's Avatar

Just got my claymore... super happy.. untill I hooked it up to my brandnew machine (see my specs).

At first i could not log in.. turned out I kept mistyping my password, When I did a test type, it looked like I was typing drunk, especially the S, F, L and Enter were sporaticly showing. The Enter only works when hitting it exactly in the center.

Then I tried the Rog Armoury software that said my keybord needed an upgrade. When performing the update the software crashed.
    I rebooted - crash
    other USB ports -crash

So after 15 minutes, hooked up my old keyboard and all is fine. So back it goes... trying a next one.

I have a lot of ROG stuff, Spatha, Maximus IX, GTX980Ti, PG348Q and was now going for the keyboard, thats a lot of euro's of ROG hardware.
    I can understandsoftware being buggy for exotic functions or whatever... but a keyboard not typing correct... seriously?
    Cooler Master Cosmos II (with glass side panel)
    Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W ATX
    ROG Asus Maximus IX Formula
    Intel Core i7-7700k
    Corsair Hydro Series H115i CPU Cooler
    Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB 3000Mhz
    Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME M.2 SSD
    Crucial SSD M500 480GB
    Seagate Firecuda 1TB
    Samsung SH-224DB (SATA, 24x)
    ROG Strix Gaming GTX980Ti DC30C 6GD5
    Monitor 1: ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q
    Monitor 2: Samsung HDTV T27D590
    ROG Claymore
    ROG Spatha
    ROG Balteus Qi
    Windows 10

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

Sorry to hear you had issues. Make sure you have the latest armory software. *I believe it's on the claymore (not core) page. Check around for the latest version. For reasons unknown all the support pages don't get updated with the new versions.*

I didn't have any issues with the KB working but did have lighting issues and the FW would not update until I installed the latest version. I bought the claymore core and spatha the same day, the mouse wouldn't update either. All good now though.*

If that's not the issue sometimes new gear comes broken. Usually less than 5% but everyone has to take their turn at some point getting a goose egg. Don't let that discourage you. Once mine got all ironed out it works great. My only issue is sometimes on cold boot the KB or mouse won't work and I have to disconnect then reconnect the USB then goes to working fine. I'm not at all happy about that issue as one would think that when you pay premium 💰 you would get a flawless premium product.*

Ex-employee Array

I received an update from our peripheral team and they have narrowed down the issue to a packaging issue that caused keys to be pressed down with heavy amount of pressure for prolonged period of time causing the switch springs to deform. In addition, most of the earlier stock was prepared much in advance before the launch of the product so they were sitting in warehouse storage for a little longer than normal. This packaging issue caused the following reported issues: multiple inputs, unresponsiveness, and chattering keys. There has been adjustments made to the packaging, testing methods and a new packaging design will be implemented to address these issues and we expect all recent stock and future stock to no longer have this issue. For those who purchased a unit with the aforementioned issues, please try to continuously press the affected keys many times with some pressure to fix. If this method is unable to resolve the issue then we recommend returning the unit for exchange or refund. We apologize for all the inconvenience caused and appreciate the help from the community in helping us identify the root issue.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    I received an update from our peripheral team and they have narrowed down the issue to a packaging issue that caused keys to be pressed down with heavy amount of pressure for prolonged period of time causing the switch springs to deform. In addition, most of the earlier stock was prepared much in advance before the launch of the product so they were sitting in warehouse storage for a little longer than normal. This packaging issue caused the following reported issues: multiple inputs, unresponsiveness, and chattering keys. There has been adjustments made to the packaging, testing methods and a new packaging design will be implemented to address these issues and we expect all recent stock and future stock to no longer have this issue. For those who purchased a unit with the aforementioned issues, please try to continuously press the affected keys many times with some pressure to fix. If this method is unable to resolve the issue then we recommend returning the unit for exchange or refund. We apologize for all the inconvenience caused and appreciate the help from the community in helping us identify the root issue.
    Any word on the software update? I'm unable to set macro on the 'pause break' 'print screen' keys on the keyboard despite the software stated that I already did. I've already posted this similar problem on previous page with the youtube video.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by WLiao-` View Post
    Any word on the software update? I'm unable to set macro on the 'pause break' 'print screen' keys on the keyboard despite the software stated that I already did. I've already posted this similar problem on previous page with the youtube video.
    I'll follow up on this and check with our peripheral teams on when they plan to release the next firmware update to address this issue. Thanks.

New ROGer Array

Hey there, I have recently purchased a Claymore 100% and Gladius II mouse.

First things first:
    Both of them are stunning. It was actually the reason I bought them at this expensive price. Claymore looks unique, like something I would built If I was designing keyboards. Although if I was in charge I would never allow a Keyboard to be released without dedicated media controls, usb passthrough and at least a column of Modifier keys to the left of the keyboard. But again, style is so important to me that I got the Claymore without those characteristics that I and most people consider a must.

The Gladius II is another beauty. I am totally sold on the leds alone. The wave pattern is absolutely stunning, almost looks like the mouse is a spaceship hovering above my metal mouse pad. The 3360 sensor is another pearl. In fact this is the first big mouse that I can actually aim with becasue the sensor is so good that compensates for the less than perfect shape which is very similar to the Deathadder. The biggest selling point was actually the easily replaceable switches. Without those I would have never even tried the mouse because of the price.

Now the problems: The mouse weakest link and only problem is like always the piece of trash OMRON switches. 50 million clicks they say..lol... half an hour into testing it both switches were already stuck in autofire multiple times. After one day of use the switches are sounding like they are half broken and too loose already. Need to try the replacement switches but once again, a mouse from me would never ever have anything from OMRON (unless it's easily replaceable). Second problem is weight: At 110g this is nightmare for more than a hour of playing. The hand, wrist and arm get so tired on fast paced shooters like DOOM in Ultra Nightmare that after a while not even this amazing sensor can be of any help.

Overall, wouldn't recommend it for fast paced fps games but pretty cool for everything else since other games don't require so much fast movement.

Now the keyboard problems which is the reason for this post:

The hardware part seems fine, at least I haven't had any problems that I noticed. The software part? OMG, I honestly never seen something so amateurish, something so bad, something so... I'm lacking the words.

1st problem: It doesn't store custom led profiles. Everytime I change profile inside the armory software it resets the custom leds on the other profiles.
    Only way I got it to work is configure profiles #2, #3, #4 and #5 with the default (non custom profiles) and then leave profile #1 for last, add custom leds to it, save it and exit software. After exiting the armory software I can change profiles directly through the keyboard and everything works as it should concerning the leds but whenever I open the armory software I immediately lose the custom leds again without even changing any profile. (

2nd problem: Macros and the rest of stuff like configuring a key to open a program are completely useless. I gave up completely and use my Raz3r Tartarus instead for Macros to avoid going back to the store and smack someone's head with the Claymore (I mean, the most expensive keyboard of all time and not even the simplest of macros works?! Again, if I was in charge at ROG someone's head would be rolling by now. Totally unacceptable amateurish stuff) I got to the point where I was losing my mind. Let me describe it in more detail:

Armory software not registering the keys I press. Not a keyboard problem because If I plug in another keyboard it also doesn't register the pressed keys. When the Armory finally decides to work with the claymore it also works with any other keyboard (it's seems like it's really only a software problem).
    Also could never assign any macro or program to any of keypad keys and the only reason i bought the full Claymore was to use the numpad as macros and program launch shortcuts.
    When it comes to the non keypad keys it's basically a lottery. I tried to use the Ins/Home/Pg Up/Del/End/Pg Down keys for macros and sometimes it worked, others didn't register the key at all. Total lottery, no method to it's madness.
    Sometimes I would assign a key to launch a program, the software said everything was ok but when I tried to test the key it didn't open any program at all. There was one time I kept pressing the key over and over and nothing happened, then all of a sudden, like 15 minutes later several instances of that program open up all at the same time when i was not expecting it all all!!!lol

Other Major problem. My Gladius II uses ROG_Armoury_v10129 but the Claymore uses ROG_Armoury_v10127.
    I have ROG_Armoury_v10129 installed now because I want the latest drivers for the mouse but with this version I can only add macro keys, etc to the Claymore's profile #1. No macro or program launch works on any key of the remaining profiles. Only profile #1 works with macros, etc and only works half the time.

Another ridiculous thing is when I change or update the ROG_Armory software it resets all the profiles. It actually replaces the profiles inside C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ROG Armoury\Config_Claymore with the default ones.

Guys, seriously, this is so amateurish it hurts. You build a unified software for all your products and they can't even use the same version? I have to choose between Keyboard or mouse?

Basically what I need to know is if this is fixable or if I should return the keyboard and even the mouse (if the software can't work with both).

I am running Win10 x64 Enterprise

Thanks for your time.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Angry Couldn't agree more!

I feel your hurt! I bought a claymore too, and I have almost have all problem with it what you described very well! I would add a thing to your list.
    Why we can't assign a custom effect for all 6( why only 6 ) profiles?! If you make a special color layout, you can assign it for all six profile and thats is! Shame!
    I hope they are busy working on the armoury ****!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Asuhra View Post
    Hey there, I have recently purchased a Claymore 100% and Gladius II mouse.

First things first:
    Both of them are stunning. It was actually the reason I bought them at this expensive price. Claymore looks unique, like something I would built If I was designing keyboards. Although if I was in charge I would never allow a Keyboard to be released without dedicated media controls, usb passthrough and at least a column of Modifier keys to the left of the keyboard. But again, style is so important to me that I got the Claymore without those characteristics that I and most people consider a must.

The Gladius II is another beauty. I am totally sold on the leds alone. The wave pattern is absolutely stunning, almost looks like the mouse is a spaceship hovering above my metal mouse pad. The 3360 sensor is another pearl. In fact this is the first big mouse that I can actually aim with becasue the sensor is so good that compensates for the less than perfect shape which is very similar to the Deathadder. The biggest selling point was actually the easily replaceable switches. Without those I would have never even tried the mouse because of the price.

Now the problems: The mouse weakest link and only problem is like always the piece of trash OMRON switches. 50 million clicks they say..lol... half an hour into testing it both switches were already stuck in autofire multiple times. After one day of use the switches are sounding like they are half broken and too loose already. Need to try the replacement switches but once again, a mouse from me would never ever have anything from OMRON (unless it's easily replaceable). Second problem is weight: At 110g this is nightmare for more than a hour of playing. The hand, wrist and arm get so tired on fast paced shooters like DOOM in Ultra Nightmare that after a while not even this amazing sensor can be of any help.

Overall, wouldn't recommend it for fast paced fps games but pretty cool for everything else since other games don't require so much fast movement.

Now the keyboard problems which is the reason for this post:

The hardware part seems fine, at least I haven't had any problems that I noticed. The software part? OMG, I honestly never seen something so amateurish, something so bad, something so... I'm lacking the words.

1st problem: It doesn't store custom led profiles. Everytime I change profile inside the armory software it resets the custom leds on the other profiles.
    Only way I got it to work is configure profiles #2, #3, #4 and #5 with the default (non custom profiles) and then leave profile #1 for last, add custom leds to it, save it and exit software. After exiting the armory software I can change profiles directly through the keyboard and everything works as it should concerning the leds but whenever I open the armory software I immediately lose the custom leds again without even changing any profile. (

2nd problem: Macros and the rest of stuff like configuring a key to open a program are completely useless. I gave up completely and use my Raz3r Tartarus instead for Macros to avoid going back to the store and smack someone's head with the Claymore (I mean, the most expensive keyboard of all time and not even the simplest of macros works?! Again, if I was in charge at ROG someone's head would be rolling by now. Totally unacceptable amateurish stuff) I got to the point where I was losing my mind. Let me describe it in more detail:

Armory software not registering the keys I press. Not a keyboard problem because If I plug in another keyboard it also doesn't register the pressed keys. When the Armory finally decides to work with the claymore it also works with any other keyboard (it's seems like it's really only a software problem).
    Also could never assign any macro or program to any of keypad keys and the only reason i bought the full Claymore was to use the numpad as macros and program launch shortcuts.
    When it comes to the non keypad keys it's basically a lottery. I tried to use the Ins/Home/Pg Up/Del/End/Pg Down keys for macros and sometimes it worked, others didn't register the key at all. Total lottery, no method to it's madness.
    Sometimes I would assign a key to launch a program, the software said everything was ok but when I tried to test the key it didn't open any program at all. There was one time I kept pressing the key over and over and nothing happened, then all of a sudden, like 15 minutes later several instances of that program open up all at the same time when i was not expecting it all all!!!lol

Other Major problem. My Gladius II uses ROG_Armoury_v10129 but the Claymore uses ROG_Armoury_v10127.
    I have ROG_Armoury_v10129 installed now because I want the latest drivers for the mouse but with this version I can only add macro keys, etc to the Claymore's profile #1. No macro or program launch works on any key of the remaining profiles. Only profile #1 works with macros, etc and only works half the time.

Another ridiculous thing is when I change or update the ROG_Armory software it resets all the profiles. It actually replaces the profiles inside C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ROG Armoury\Config_Claymore with the default ones.

Guys, seriously, this is so amateurish it hurts. You build a unified software for all your products and they can't even use the same version? I have to choose between Keyboard or mouse?

Basically what I need to know is if this is fixable or if I should return the keyboard and even the mouse (if the software can't work with both).

I am running Win10 x64 Enterprise

Thanks for your time.

Ex-employee Array

I wanted to update everyone on a few things:

BIOS, Boot Up (with compatible motherboard)
    These are KeyBot II features and only in S5 mode, so you need to have KeyBot II installed

Fan-, Fan+, CPU OC, and RAM OC
    You need to have both AI Suite III and ROG Armoury running at the same time for these functions to work

To reset to default keyboard settings
    Hold FN + Esc for 10 seconds

Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast