Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: ROG Claymore

New ROGer Array

Hi, I just bought the rog claymore full edition with the numpad a couple of days ago. Unfortunately I skipped the process of gathering more information about it. It would have been different if I stumbled on this forum post before I made the purchase. Who would have thought that a $200+ keyboard would have basic fundamental problem of functioning like what a proper keyboard should. Like typing without any issues like the chattering and unresponsive keys, as well as the simple of task of assigning a keystroke to a different key for instance. Seriously, even my old cmstorm mech or the membrane logitech g105 keys can be reassigned to whatever keys I want. And that they are perfectly usable since day 1.

Like others facing this issue, most of the keys on my numpad are either chattering or unresponsive. Numpad 0 will register an output after several keypresses, and even then it's either a single 0 or a bunch of 0s. When I pressed once, I expect to have a single 0. Not a bunch of them. And when I keep it depressed, it sometimes takes a couple more attempts before displaying a row of 0s which is as expected. But I noticed that sometimes it can pause slightly before continue outputting 0s.

The tkl board itself has some keys with similar issues before it evened out and finally fixed. I noticed most keys affected were on the right side of the board, which means the arrow keys, right control, page up and downs, etc.

Now I'm not sure if there are underlying issues with the keyboard. I don't know if the keyboard controller is actually capable of handling additional external interface like the numpad, on top of controlling the leds. Perhaps that is why it is struggling to function with the numpad attached. Please take note that this is merely speculation on my part. But perhaps the team can provide a quick resolution to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    I received an update from our peripheral team and they have narrowed down the issue to a packaging issue that caused keys to be pressed down with heavy amount of pressure for prolonged period of time causing the switch springs to deform. In addition, most of the earlier stock was prepared much in advance before the launch of the product so they were sitting in warehouse storage for a little longer than normal. This packaging issue caused the following reported issues: multiple inputs, unresponsiveness, and chattering keys. There has been adjustments made to the packaging, testing methods and a new packaging design will be implemented to address these issues and we expect all recent stock and future stock to no longer have this issue. For those who purchased a unit with the aforementioned issues, please try to continuously press the affected keys many times with some pressure to fix. If this method is unable to resolve the issue then we recommend returning the unit for exchange or refund. We apologize for all the inconvenience caused and appreciate the help from the community in helping us identify the root issue.
    Hi Bahz, may I know if the refund policy is applicable to global regions as well? Thanks.*
    Last edited by Mtron78; 05-01-2017 at 05:22 AM.

New ROGer Array

So i got a replacement rog claymore and it is even worse than the previous one. I am now requesting a refund and will not be buying any more garbage rog gear. i'm using an Advent £5 keyboard that makes the claymore look terrible in comparison i can touch type and game without dying due to inability to straif.....

Ex-employee Array

I'm sorry to hear about both of your issues with your keyboard. If you wish to refund the keyboard, please contact your retailer as the point of sale is with retailer so it won't be possible for us to refund you directly.

ROG Enthusiast Array VIPER PC Specs
    VIPER PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI FORMULA
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-9900K @ 5.1 Ghz
    Memory (part number)GSKILL Trident Z RGB F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR @ 4133 17/17/17/37
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG MATRIX RTX2080TI P11G GAMING
    Graphics Card #2ASUS ROG MATRIX RTX2080TI P11G GAMING
    Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster Zx
    MonitorDell 43 Ultra HD 4k P4317Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 512Gb
    Storage #2Samsung 960 Pro 512Gb
    CPU CoolerCustom Watercooling
    CaseLian Li DK-04
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P2
    Keyboard ASUS ROG Claymore
    Mouse ASUS ROG Spatha
    Headset ASUS ROG Centurion
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Whetstone
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC88U

I have the 2x Claymore Core, 1 Claymore Core and 2x Spatha for several months now, but I can't get the macros to work. They worked on earlier versions of the software, but now I cannot record any macros combinations with my Claymores no matter what software version I use. I've reinstalled windows just for that problem, but it is not working. On ROG_Armoury_v10127 version macros do work of some sort, but if the macros start with SHIFT key the software doesn't record anything. On versions ROG_Armoury_v10134 and ROG_Armoury_v10203 macros for the Claymores don't work at all and sometimes the menus of the Armoury software for keyboard and macros are greyed out and I cannot use them at all and it seems that ASUS AURA software is causing this, but I want to use both AURA and Armoury.

I've tested on both systems with ASUS motherboards in them: Rampage V Extreme and Maximus IX Formula on fresh windows installs with newest BIOS-es, drivers and firmware's.
    Last edited by VIPER; 05-12-2017 at 11:37 PM.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by VIPER View Post
    I have the 2x Claymore Core, 1 Claymore Core and 2x Spatha for several months now, but I can't get the macros to work. They worked on earlier versions of the software, but now I cannot record any macros combinations with my Claymores no matter what software version I use. I've reinstalled windows just for that problem, but it is not working. On ROG_Armoury_v10127 version macros do work of some sort, but if the macros start with SHIFT key the software doesn't record anything. On versions ROG_Armoury_v10134 and ROG_Armoury_v10203 macros for the Claymores don't work at all and sometimes the menus of the Armoury software for keyboard and macros are greyed out and I cannot use them at all and it seems that ASUS AURA software is causing this, but I want to use both AURA and Armoury.

I've tested on both systems with ASUS motherboards in them: Rampage V Extreme and Maximus IX Formula on fresh windows installs with newest BIOS-es, drivers and firmware's.
    So you're thinking the issue is caused by the AURA software? Did you try uninstalling AURA software to see if it fixes the issue?

Ex-employee Array

I verified that recording macros with shift or L-shift works but I found a different issue, if you leave your mouse cursor inside the record button box then no keystrokes get registered until you move your cursor outside of the box.

VIPER PC Specs
    CaseLian Li DK-04
    Mouse ASUS ROG Spatha
    OS Windows 10 Pro

I verified that recording macros with shift or L-shift works but I found a different issue, if you leave your mouse cursor inside the record button box then no keystrokes get registered until you move your cursor outside of the box.
    Thank you for that answer Bahz. When I moved the mouse out of the record button the macros registered successfully. I type with both hands and when I click record button my mouse cursor always stayed over the button, but I'll know to move it from now on.

The only problem that left is that when AURA is installed the KEYBOARD tab on ARMOURY software for CLAYMORE is grayed out. When I uninstall AURA the KAYBOARD tab is active again.
    Last edited by VIPER; 05-17-2017 at 07:19 PM.

Ex-employee Array

Thank you for that answer Bahz. When I moved the mouse out of the record button the macros registered successfully. I type with both hands and when I click record button my mouse cursor always stayed over the button, but I'll know to move it from now on.

The only problem that left is that when AURA is installed the KEYBOARD tab on ARMOURY software for CLAYMORE is grayed out. When I uninstall AURA the KAYBOARD tab is active again.
    Can you provide me with the AURA software version? Logically that would make sense if you installed the AURA sync software from motherboard page, because then all AURA setting for MB, graphics card, keyboard, and mouse would be controlled through that software. You wouldn't want every individual software to still be able to control each product because it would then cause conflicts with the AURA sync software.

VIPER PC Specs
    CaseLian Li DK-04
    Mouse ASUS ROG Spatha
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Can you provide me with the AURA software version? Logically that would make sense if you installed the AURA sync software from motherboard page, because then all AURA setting for MB, graphics card, keyboard, and mouse would be controlled through that software. You wouldn't want every individual software to still be able to control each product because it would then cause conflicts with the AURA sync software.
    I have AURA version 1.04.30. On ASUS support page for ROG MAXIMUS IX FORMULA motherboard the version of the Aura is 1.04.29. Maybe I should try to roll back.

Ex-employee Array

I have AURA version 1.04.30. On ASUS support page for ROG MAXIMUS IX FORMULA motherboard the version of the Aura is 1.04.29. Maybe I should try to roll back.
    Thanks, I'll look into this and will update you once I hear back from our product teams. Yes, you should try to stick with the latest version listed on your motherboard support page and not download another version from a different product, there may be a reason why the product page didn't update to that version.

Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast