Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: ROG Claymore

New ROGer Array

Well said I wasn't going to do it. But saw it on Amazon, and it will be here on the 27th. Core with brown switches. $159

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array santz76 PC Specs
    santz76 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Edition 10
    ProcessorI7- 6850k 4.4ghz
    Memory (part number)GSkill Trident Z 64gb DDR4 3400hz
    Graphics Card #1Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080
    Graphics Card #2Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    MonitorRog Swift PQ348Q curved monitor
    Storage #1Corsair GTX Force 500 GB SSD
    Storage #2Corsair force gt 500gb
    CPU CoolerSwiftech h240x custom apogee xl rog water block mayhems blood red coolant
    CaseCorsair 760T
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200I
    Keyboard Corsair k70 (cherry reds) RGB
    Mouse ROG GLADIUS
    Headset Astro A40 PC TR Editions
    Mouse Pad Asus ROG Sheath XL mouse pad
    OS Windows 10 / Samsung 950 pro M.2
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC87U
    Accessory #1 Saitek X52 Pro
    Accessory #2 DX Formula red/black gaming chair

Quote Originally Posted by DaKon View Post
    Well said I wasn't going to do it. But saw it on Amazon, and it will be here on the 27th. Core with brown switches. $159
    Ya had mine on pre order but decided to cancel and wait for non core version with cherry reds hopefully it wont be to long here in the US, but it would have been nice to have before Christmas!!!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Question claymore color keys?

Quote Originally Posted by DaKon View Post

I'm a little confused on the optional color switches (cherry vs brown). Can you provide any specific details (or picture) as to what they are talking about?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Slick8791 View Post
    I'm a little confused on the optional color switches (cherry vs brown). Can you provide any specific details (or picture) as to what they are talking about?
    I would just google cherry mx switch, and you will have a lot of great articles to read. They use colors to denote the switch type and the force required to actuate.

New ROGer Array fram00 PC Specs
    fram00 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha
    ProcessorCore i7 6700K
    Memory (part number)CMU16GX4M2C3200C16R x 2
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC
    Sound Cardon board SupremeFX
    MonitorASUS MX279h
    Storage #1OCZ RD400 512
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 256
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseIN WIN 509 ROG Series BLK/RED
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Azio KB505U
    Mouse Asus Gladius
    Headset N/A
    Mouse Pad Corsair Gaming
    Headset/Speakers Bose Companion 5
    OS Windows 10 64 Bit

Claymore Core key issues

Hello all,
    I have been waiting to get this board since i read about it online a while back. The other day i went to my local Fry's and to my surprise they had the Core version on the self. I was so excited i grabbed one and promptly paid for it and headed home. No looking around this day. I got home and opened up the box. The keyboard was in a black velvety bag. The keyboard is beautiful! Solid. Great looking design. I plugged it in and started to use it. In my excitement i thought i was typing things wrong, but as it turns out some of the keys were not responding at all on some if not most of the key strokes or would respond with multiple characters on each keystroke. I decided to test it in Notepad by hitting each key 10 times to see how they responded. About 20% of the keys responded poorly. IE - the # 1 key showed 10 ones on the screen. One for each press of the key. This is good. # 2 key. Showed 8 twos on the screen in ten presses. # 3 key showed 12 threes in ten presses. I did this for all the keys with letters and many didn't respond well. I though that maybe they needed to be "broken in" by constant pressing of these "bad" keys and although it seemed to work at first it was not consistent. This is horrible considering it's a gaming keyboard that boasts fast response and that it's $160.
    I returned the keyboard that same day and asked for an exchange for another new one. ( there were three boxes on the shelve when i initially saw them ) I got another one and asked them to "test" it before i took possession. That keyboard did the same thing as the one I had did. They marked them both "return to vendor". I knew that there was one left on the shelf, but i was so disappointed that pissed off that i opted to just get my money back. Maybe these were a bad batch? Maybe they were released too early and not tested very well? Either way for a $160 keyboard that my $20 cheap Azio would beat in performance that is unacceptable!
    Not to mention wasting gas to drive there and back twice at 10 miles each way! What a waste. On a good note let me say that the lights on the keyboard were stunning! I can't pin point it, but it was better than any other lighting system on any RGB keyboard that i have seen. I think that i will wait for a while to get this keyboard again maybe wait until the one with the number pad is released. Then again maybe go with a Corsair one instead. Never had a problem with those yet.
    It just sicks cuz i really wanted that keyboard and it did look amazing! With or without the lights on.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array santz76 PC Specs
    santz76 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Edition 10
    ProcessorI7- 6850k 4.4ghz
    Memory (part number)GSkill Trident Z 64gb DDR4 3400hz
    Graphics Card #1Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080
    Graphics Card #2Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    MonitorRog Swift PQ348Q curved monitor
    Storage #1Corsair GTX Force 500 GB SSD
    Storage #2Corsair force gt 500gb
    CPU CoolerSwiftech h240x custom apogee xl rog water block mayhems blood red coolant
    CaseCorsair 760T
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200I
    Keyboard Corsair k70 (cherry reds) RGB
    Mouse ROG GLADIUS
    Headset Astro A40 PC TR Editions
    Mouse Pad Asus ROG Sheath XL mouse pad
    OS Windows 10 / Samsung 950 pro M.2
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC87U
    Accessory #1 Saitek X52 Pro
    Accessory #2 DX Formula red/black gaming chair

Quote Originally Posted by fram00 View Post
    Hello all,
    I have been waiting to get this board since i read about it online a while back. The other day i went to my local Fry's and to my surprise they had the Core version on the self. I was so excited i grabbed one and promptly paid for it and headed home. No looking around this day. I got home and opened up the box. The keyboard was in a black velvety bag. The keyboard is beautiful! Solid. Great looking design. I plugged it in and started to use it. In my excitement i thought i was typing things wrong, but as it turns out some of the keys were not responding at all on some if not most of the key strokes or would respond with multiple characters on each keystroke. I decided to test it in Notepad by hitting each key 10 times to see how they responded. About 20% of the keys responded poorly. IE - the # 1 key showed 10 ones on the screen. One for each press of the key. This is good. # 2 key. Showed 8 twos on the screen in ten presses. # 3 key showed 12 threes in ten presses. I did this for all the keys with letters and many didn't respond well. I though that maybe they needed to be "broken in" by constant pressing of these "bad" keys and although it seemed to work at first it was not consistent. This is horrible considering it's a gaming keyboard that boasts fast response and that it's $160.
    I returned the keyboard that same day and asked for an exchange for another new one. ( there were three boxes on the shelve when i initially saw them ) I got another one and asked them to "test" it before i took possession. That keyboard did the same thing as the one I had did. They marked them both "return to vendor". I knew that there was one left on the shelf, but i was so disappointed that pissed off that i opted to just get my money back. Maybe these were a bad batch? Maybe they were released too early and not tested very well? Either way for a $160 keyboard that my $20 cheap Azio would beat in performance that is unacceptable!
    Not to mention wasting gas to drive there and back twice at 10 miles each way! What a waste. On a good note let me say that the lights on the keyboard were stunning! I can't pin point it, but it was better than any other lighting system on any RGB keyboard that i have seen. I think that i will wait for a while to get this keyboard again maybe wait until the one with the number pad is released. Then again maybe go with a Corsair one instead. Never had a problem with those yet.
    It just sicks cuz i really wanted that keyboard and it did look amazing! With or without the lights on.
    Yup, exactly why I always wait for 2nd or 3rd batch to release lol. but in this case I am wating for the claymore not the core version.

New ROGer Array

Well I have had mine several days now. It is working great. Very good build quality, design, and lighting. Overall, to me it was worth the years wait.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Brighttail PC Specs
    Brighttail PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G751JT
    MotherboardAsus x299 Rampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9-7900x
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum SE 3200Mhz 4x8
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 1080TI
    MonitorAcer XB321HK (4k,IPS,G-sync)
    Storage #1Intel 900p (Boot) 2xSM961 (RAID 0) Games
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro 512GB - WD Black 4TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Water Cool
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair Platinum 95
    Mouse Asus SPATHA
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800
    Headset/Speakers Kanyo Y5
    OS Windows 10 64 bit
    Accessory #1 2 x Alphacool Full Copper Radiator 420mm/280mm
    Accessory #2 Monsoon MMRS reservoir w/ 2 x D5 Vario Pump
    Accessory #3 Monsoon Free Center Compression Fittings

Still no wrist rest? I would love to contemplate trying this keyboard but seriously, no wrist rest? What gaming keyboard doesn't have one of these things? Yes you can buy a gel one but I'm looking for something with the Aztec motif that goes awesomely with the keyboard, hell put RGB lighting on it too if you want, just why for the love of (insert Diety or exploitative) is the wrist rest??? Was the $5 part (okay $10 with the Aztec motif) too much after the 10 key pad? What about the Core version where is it there?
    Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator Platinum SE 4x8 3200MHz
    MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p in a bootable VROC RAID 0 / Samsung 960 Pro 512GB
    Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD
    Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Spatha
    Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

ROG Enthusiast Array JimGamer PC Specs
    JimGamer PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Sony Vaio
    MotherboardX99 Asus Rampage V Extreme
    ProcessorI7 5820K OC 4200 Mhz
    Memory (part number)G Skill 32GB DDR4
    Graphics Card #1Asus Stiix GTX 980TI 6GB
    Sound Cardonboard Supreme FX
    MonitorAsus 24 Gaming
    Storage #1ADATA 128GB SSD
    Storage #2ADATA 128GB SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100I
    CaseCorsair 750D
    Power SupplyCorsair HX 850I
    Keyboard Ducky Shine 5
    Mouse Razer Chroma Deathadder
    Headset Asus ROG Orion Pro Gaming
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64Bit
    Accessory #1 Samsung Evo 850 500GB

Asus Claymore color profiles

Question , are there already color profiles available for the Claymore ?
    I have the Claymore for 2 weeks now and its stunning really amazing.

ROG Member Array

Just picked this board up from Fry's with brown switches. I've been playing CSGO on it and it's great. Went from Corsair strafe to Black widow X tournament to the ROG Claymore and couldn't be happier. Solid keyboard.

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast