Did you mean: 

Rampage V Edition 10 - No Video output and bios error D6

Honami
Level 7
Hi,
Brand new mobo, Rampage V Edition 10
i7 6900K
Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1

I'm facing pretty weird issue here and i can't get the mobo to work at all.
Powering on my machine, can hear the post beep and that's it, nothing no video at all and if i have video it can be after 15 minutes or something.
After i'm rebooting again (checking bios settings) i have QCode error D6 and i checked at the manual it says no video output found.
Same GPU, cpu ram works with no issues on my other mobo (Strix X99).
Removed the Rampage from the case, checked the socket for pin demage - nothing
Tried to clear CMOS - same issue
Tried diffrent RAM - same
Tried to reseat the GPU - same (D6 Qcode error)

The mono is like 2 days old. Could be DOA? Defective unit?
9 REPLIES 9

Hivemind
Level 8
Maybe if you have another Videocard you can try booting with it ? and if it works update bios to 0901 and try again with the Gfx 1080.

You can also try to use bios flashback if you don't have any other graphics card .

Hivemind wrote:
Maybe if you have another Videocard you can try booting with it ? and if it works update bios to 0901 and try again with the Gfx 1080.

You can also try to use bios flashback if you don't have any other graphics card .

I'm afraid i don't have another GPU to test.
I will send the motherboared to the store that i bought it from for testing. Will update OFC.

Legolas
Level 9
Good idea, sounds like motherboard has issue
Sincerely,
Legolas

Qwinn
Level 11
I got that issue when I first set up my system, on a regular RVE. A couple of tmes after updating to a new BIOS as well. Reflashing the BIOS has always resolved it

Avenger411
Level 10
Hello,

I've had that issue with a couple of bioses, can't remember which one, modded bioses would trigger that Q-Code too. Only bios i found that wouldn't trigger it was 2101(at the time, haven't tried any other bios because i don't upgrade the versions if i gain nothing). I've had it for like 6 months or more and haven't got a single issue. + my overclock is rock solid. So maybe try different bios versions (nothing prior to 2000 series) and i hear that people have problems with 3000 series so, you'll have to test them. Whatever you do, flash your bios to make sure it is a clean install. I've always prefered using the RoG Flashback.

Max
Cpu : Intel 5930K@4.25ghz@1.2v / Cache @4.25ghz@1.20v
Cpu Cooler : Corsair H100i
Case : Corsair 780T
Memory : G.Skills 32GB DDR4-3200mhz CAS 15-15-15-35-1T@1.370v
Motherboard : Asus Rampage V Extreme (BIOS 3504)
M2 : Samsung 950 Pro NVME 512gb (Gaming)
M2 : SSD1 : OCZ RD400A 128gb (windows)
SSD1 : Crucial MX100 512gb (data)
Gfx : EVGA Titan X w/ 980 Hybrid Cooling AiO Liquid Cooler
PSU : Antec HCP-1000W
Monitor : Asus RoG Swift

Chino
Level 15
Honami wrote:
Hi,
Brand new mobo, Rampage V Edition 10
i7 6900K
Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1

I'm facing pretty weird issue here and i can't get the mobo to work at all.
Powering on my machine, can hear the post beep and that's it, nothing no video at all and if i have video it can be after 15 minutes or something.
After i'm rebooting again (checking bios settings) i have QCode error D6 and i checked at the manual it says no video output found.
Same GPU, cpu ram works with no issues on my other mobo (Strix X99).
Removed the Rampage from the case, checked the socket for pin demage - nothing
Tried to clear CMOS - same issue
Tried diffrent RAM - same
Tried to reseat the GPU - same (D6 Qcode error)

The mono is like 2 days old. Could be DOA? Defective unit?

Did you make sure that the PCIe switch on the motherboard was in the on position?

Honami
Level 7
Bumping this thread.
The mobo was tested and it works fine (No D6 Error code).
Might be bad DisplayPort cable?
Had an issue on my strix that ASMEDIA Type c controller was not working and worked after i swapped to diffrent dp cable.
I will recieve my mobo tomorrow, Might be the dp cable issue?
At the shop they told me that they tested even with 4 WAY SLI under 5960X and No issues at all.

Chino
Level 15

Honami
Level 7
SOLVED!

Defective DisplayPort cable was the issue.
Mobo is working with ZERO issues at all.