ROG Member Array

Unhappy Frames per second (FPS) stuck at 60!

Hi, I usually play League of Legends and I've never had this issue before, my frames per second seem to be stuck at 60 and won't go higher as they did before, I used to have 200+ fps and the game would run smoothly, but now I experience some latency due to this problem. So I tried to search online for a solution and the only thing I found was people saying to disable the vertical synchronization (vsync) from nvidia control panel, which didn't work for me as the frames are pretty much the same (60 fps). Oh and just for a matter of facts, I've bought an SSD recently and started to boot from it so that I could format my OS disk, don't know if this has any influence, but I decided to inform you of this anyway. Hope you have any solution or tips regarding this issue, thank you for the attention. Regards, Sharhebi.

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z 4000MHz 16-16-16-39-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyPC Power & Cooling Turbo Cool 1200w
    Keyboard Cyberpower Skorpion K2
    Mouse Logitech G500
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX / Modmic 5
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U

Hi Sharhebi

Are you sure v-sync is disabled in the nvidia control panel and the game settings?

ROG Member Array

Lightbulb Couple questions first

Quote Originally Posted by Sharhebi View Post
    Hi, I usually play League of Legends and I've never had this issue before, my frames per second seem to be stuck at 60 and won't go higher as they did before, I used to have 200+ fps and the game would run smoothly, but now I experience some latency due to this problem. So I tried to search online for a solution and the only thing I found was people saying to disable the vertical synchronization (vsync) from nvidia control panel, which didn't work for me as the frames are pretty much the same (60 fps). Oh and just for a matter of facts, I've bought an SSD recently and started to boot from it so that I could format my OS disk, don't know if this has any influence, but I decided to inform you of this anyway. Hope you have any solution or tips regarding this issue, thank you for the attention. Regards, Sharhebi.
    Hi Sharhebi,

I want to ask first how you knew that you were reaching 200fps in the past? Did you have an on screen display? It really sounds like something is capping the fps on the system. What video card do you have? Also ensure that your drivers are up to date and then as the member above mentioned, ensure that V-Sync is turned off in the Nvidia control panel, AND in LoL.

Looking forward to your reply!