cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intel dc p3500 nvme drive not showing up

Ajinta
Level 7
Hello I have a serious problem with my new NVMe drive...I am using asus maximus viii ranger motherboard and I plugged the ssd in it last pci slot which is PCI express 3.0 4x...I also tried it in second 8x slot but the computer wont post and will only display code 55 error which is related to RAM...without ssd it will bot just fine...I also have Samsung 951 ahci drive with windows in m.2 slot...but the system will not post evn if I remome that one an place intel drive in any aviable slot...is there any special trick to do to succesfuly boot this drive up ?
4 REPLIES 4

Clement_Chong
Level 7
Cover one pin with insulation tape:
https://communities.intel.com/message/308271

Ajinta
Level 7
Did it...it is working perfectly now with driver installed...weird solution I must add, especialy since I have latest Z170 chipset board.

Praz
Level 13
Hello

This issue has nothing to do with the Z170 chipset. The drive was not designed by Intel for consumer use. Proper enterprise class motherboards support the drive without issue.

Yeah...I wanted the 750 one at first but than I was offered this one which has practicly identical specs and even a bit higher speed for 270 eur while 750 is almost 500. the difference of intended usege is obvious at box as 750 is nicely packed with cd and manual and i got P3500 in big brown box with zero additional stuff only full of foam and numerous stickers on front including supermicro one...well it is working now and I am happy with it.