cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG G20CB wi-fi issues

VtheArtist
Level 7
Hi friends!

My g20cb has slow wi-fi connection since i began to use it.. But for the last two weeks it began to cancels internet connection for a minute when i'm playing an online game or trying to open multiple web pages. Day by day it's goin worse so i decided to search about it and i realise that its common issue. (!!!) Seems like solution is going back to and old driver for Realtek wi-fi connection.. but i'm all confused about to pick which one? And which website is the best for clear official download? I'll be so glad if someone (whom faced with same problem before) can help me about this issue!

Thanks!

V
4 REPLIES 4

Slipsen
Level 7
Had the same problem with dropping connection. But it does not drop in games..
Did a clean driver install and no problems after

chilinmichael
Level 10
Look for the driver from Lenovo's website, this has been gone over numerous times. Just search the forums.
Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.

I've even been struggling with my wifi all the sudden dropping speed to zero every few seconds, no matter which driver i use now. I got frustrated enough to run 50 feet of CAT6 cable and now i have no more issues. I think the cheap wifi card is crapping out.

Welsh_Whoopee
Level 11
yeah I was the same, I found the wifi card built in very poor, i think it comes down to how good the aerial is in them, last time I was in the machine I did'nt see the wire run that far around the system