cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible experience with Asus PG279Q

joshg125
Level 7
The quality control on your ASUS PG279Q is still absolutely terrible. I have been through three of these displays and all of them have high amounts of backlight bleed. They were from a new batch which was supposed to have improved quality control according to Asus & scan.co.uk.

Manufacture date was June-July 2016 & they had the newer firmware so the line down the middle of the screen was fixed.

Absolutely shocking that you sell these displays knowing that most of them are defective. Returned them to the retailer and they found the ammount of bleed to be unacceptable.

Why is the quality control still bad after all this time?

I am very disappointed in the quality of these monitors... They are clearly not tested before dispatch.

http://imgur.com/a/NqPQ6
8 REPLIES 8

Lacan
Level 7
You are absolutely correct, it seems with this panel it is a complete lottery. I got lucky with my purchase from Amazon, it had only minor back light bleed in the upper right corner. I felt that was the best it was going to get. Now there is the firmware issue, I rather just live with it than risk it being damaged in shipping. I'd suggest skipping IPS panels (Acer/Asus) until they are more mature and probably pick up a good quality TN.

Yeah I'm not going to put up with this anymore.

Going to just get a Dell S2716DG. Yeah it's a TN but at least I won't have quality control issues and zero customer support like the Asus...

I heard it's colours are fantastic for a TN panel and they actually have customer service.

oG_kill3r
Level 7
PG278Q here no dead pixles or back light bleed ! I bought this monitor three weeks ago and i am 100% satisfied with it !

I dumped my 279s after having to RMA 5 of them and kept getting bad monitors. I picked up a set of 278s I cannot be happier.

For the backlight bleed issues, have you tried lowering the brightness in the 30-50 range? Also blue light features to level 3? If you're in the market for a TN panel, I suggest you check out PG278Q.

izzyreb02
Level 9
I just got my PG279Q today a July 2016, so I dont know if mine already had the firmware update on it. But I can notice a backlight bleed only on the bottom left and abit on the bottom right (what it seems to me).

Where I got it from, also mentioned that the new batch has also reduce backlight bleed batch. But if thats all i can see, then thats fine by me, as long its not covering the entire screen on me or on the other corners.

Bahz
Level 12
Hi Josh,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems with the monitor, what percentage brightness did you use to measure the BLB and take the pictures?

The number of returns due to BLB has significantly reduced after the improvements, but the specific panel used is not possible to have absolutely no BLB. I'm not sure if you have tried sending it back for another replacement, but I would recommend in doing so if you haven't.

I'll definitely pass this over to our display team for them to further review. It would be extremely appreciated if you can please PM me with the serial number so I can pass this along to our team to further look into this.

Thanks,
Bahz

The pictures were taken at around 60% brightness, but the bleed was still really bad at 40%.

I am returning the displays for a refund. Why should I try another replacement? I have been through 3 of the newer batch which also had the new firmware. Do you really think it is acceptable for a customer to go through like 5 displays before they get a decent one?

£700 monitors and the quality control is worse than other displays that dont even come close to that price. Asus can blame the panel type all they want, but at the end of the day it's Asus's responsibility to make sure the monitors are fit for sale before being dispatched to a supplier.

Also why is the additional quality control check only in North America, are other countries less important to Asus?