New ROGer Array

Suggestions for RAM and SSD for G752VY

Hey, guys!
    I recently bought an ASUS ROG G752VY laptop. Currently, I am with the standard RAM of my laptop 8GB - DDR4 2133 MHz SDRAM.
    I am willing to upgrade it to 16 GB or 32 GB. I would like to hear some suggestions about which models and brands should I look for which are suitable for my laptop and are really good. And also, is it worth to upgrade to 32 GB or 16 should be enough?
    I am a dedicated gamer playing a lot of high-end games which I want to run on ultra and I would like my laptop to suite my needs perfectly so I really need your help when taking the decision how much RAM I should add and from which brands and models should I choose.
    Also, since I am used to having a SSD on my last laptop, I would really like to hear your suggestions for a good SSD which is not that overpriced. I was suggested Samsung 850 EVO. Could I hear your opinion on that too?
    Thanks a lot guys! I am looking forward to your response!

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Any Samsung SSD is good; never had one failed on me and they always perform amazing; SSD speeds are only noticed in benchmarks; Real life usage_ You can't really tell; they are just blazing fast compare to any HDD. You can get a Samsung NVME 950Pro SSD(It's still pretty expensive compare to other SSD's, it is however super blazing fast compared to any SSD's, but you pay more for less storage space)

If your upgrading Ram; get a 16GBx2 (32GB) Ram kit; this way in the future you can bump it up to 64GB of ram; 32 is way more than enough. For gaming you really won't see any improvements with more ram; 8GB is already super good for gaming. In terms of brand; any good reputable brand is good; My favorite is GSKILL- got it in every PC I've ever built; Second would be Crucial/Kingston/Samsung

Neweggs got a set of Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB Kit for pretty good deal right now; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-123-_-Product
    129 bucks you can't go wrong!

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

I would add that you need to know what the timings and voltage of your current RAM is, and match them up as exactly if not they won't play well with each other.
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

Quote Originally Posted by httuner View Post
    Any Samsung SSD is good; never had one failed on me and they always perform amazing; SSD speeds are only noticed in benchmarks; Real life usage_ You can't really tell; they are just blazing fast compare to any HDD. You can get a Samsung NVME 950Pro SSD(It's still pretty expensive compare to other SSD's, it is however super blazing fast compared to any SSD's, but you pay more for less storage space)

If your upgrading Ram; get a 16GBx2 (32GB) Ram kit; this way in the future you can bump it up to 64GB of ram; 32 is way more than enough. For gaming you really won't see any improvements with more ram; 8GB is already super good for gaming. In terms of brand; any good reputable brand is good; My favorite is GSKILL- got it in every PC I've ever built; Second would be Crucial/Kingston/Samsung

Neweggs got a set of Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB Kit for pretty good deal right now; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-123-_-Product
    129 bucks you can't go wrong!

yes you can go wrong. Crucial ram=doesnt play friendly with most everything. The only after market ram that you can also get through the egg that has worked 100% of the time is Gskill ripjaws. If you really want to do it right make up you mind on which you want, 32GB or 64GB and buy a 4 stick kit and do them all now. The machine will run up to 2400 without a hitch. Wont run anything past that. Already been down that road, there is a thread here about it.

if you just want to add to what you have Install HW monitor and see what you have already then match it. Hynix can be matched up with Samsung. Just make sure its the same speeds. Hynix is Samsung made by a cheaper manufacturer for OEM. You wont find Hynix for sale.