cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G501JW ASUS Bios Upgrade app/Keyboard Light not working in Win 10 Anniversary Update?

JOKe
Level 7
I have a very bad expirience with ASUS G501JW.
One month after I bought it the VIDEO card was "unglued" so they had to replace the whole motherboard.

However the new motherboard came with version 5 of the bios and my keybord light is not working(yes I have this ATK peace of crap package), I also checked that the cable is connected to the motherboard correctly.
I was told to upgrade the bios, or to return it again for another motherboard replace.... however my issue is that it looks the upgrade bios utility (Windows BIOS Flash Utility) doesnt work under Windows 10 Anniversery Update, it says restart but after that no bios upgrade is performed.
Is this thing even tested? Before that on the Windows 10 without updates it was working and on the old motherboard which however was replaced.

Should I try from safe mode or something else ?

It looks asus first cannot use the right glue and laptop has issue 1 month after buy but not only that but they cant even write software

Also who had this amazing idea of this ATK package ... ? should be fired asap.

Regards,
very disappointed Asus customer who will never, ever gonna buy asus again and I am | this close to throw it out of the window and want a full replace.
3 REPLIES 3

Gps3dx
Level 12
A. Get latest winflash version from asus offial site (LINK) - pickup windows 10, then under BIOS get the latest winflash version.
B. run the bios updater "as administrator" ( by right click on it )
C. if you try to install same/older version of bios, add "/nodate" switch as instructed HERE

hope this helps.

also, what's wrong with the ATK ?
it contains many components... what do you experience ( or lack of... )
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

JOKe
Level 7
The WInFlash simply doesnt work.

Anyway I updated with Easy Flash from inside the bios.

I have ASUS G501JW up2date bios version 11 I believe also up2date ATK version 41 I believe

Everything WORKS except the keyboard LID ... the FN + F2 and FN + F3 doesnt do anything. The rest buttons work. FN+F4 F5 for brightness of monitor, volume screen all works but the keyboard cannot be turn ON.

Because of bad design decision the keyboard is black with dark red color and is not visible at all without light...

The CAPS LOCK and power buttons have a dedicated "light" indiciator that works, the normal keyboard light however is not working... tried everything.

JOKe
Level 7
I cannot understand who came with this idiotic ATK package idea... so if I dont use a crappy windows I dont have backlight ? so so bad...